News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on January 23, 2023, 10:38:26 PMThese two both have 22 branding don't they?
If the information posted on a Facebook group for Centrebus is correct.. (yes Facebook, so may not be).. First are passing 22 to Centrebus (as part of the Leicester buses).. and Centrebus are passing 54A to first.
From reading it seems the new First 54/54A could be fully electric single decker. Add to that the removal of 22, and it makes sense all the electric single deckers arriving.. with a much lower DD fleet required (leaving only 14 a full DD output, and 2/3 for 4, 1/2 for 13, and 2/3 for 74.. plus Amazon shuttles and 13W - although if 54 does change to single it's likely 13W would be as it's inter-worked)..

Off topic, but worth putting here: Centrebus plan to run the revised 22 with single deckers every 10mins. (With Birstall kept served every 30). Could this also see 22B passed to Centrebus on Sat? Centrebus apparently also taking "Hop" means that even with them passing on 54A there's no actual fleet reduction.

Anyway, all exciting times ahead maybe. Hmm..
there could be a number of reasons why they've been parked up for so long engine troubles or just not needed...

I very highly doubt the 54 would be fully single decker operated as it gets quite busy at times.

SSmith09

69381 is back and has seen service over the last few days.

Glenfieldmathk1

Former Leicester 32646 (46) is apparently due to be scrapped very soon. Got an engine misfire apparently. (Plus few other issues that it won't pass MOT)..
Shame to see it finally go. Would be great if one of the many enthusiasts/drivers got together to save it.

Rich-82

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 19, 2023, 09:41:22 PMFormer Leicester 32646 (46) is apparently due to be scrapped very soon. Got an engine misfire apparently. (Plus few other issues that it won't pass MOT)..
Shame to see it finally go. Would be great if one of the many enthusiasts/drivers got together to save it.
its been withdrawn as of today

Tony

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on February 19, 2023, 09:41:22 PMFormer Leicester 32646 (46) is apparently due to be scrapped very soon. Got an engine misfire apparently. (Plus few other issues that it won't pass MOT)..
So basically you want other people to use their money to buy a bus that needs a £20,000 replacement engine along with lots of other work just because of a coat of paint?

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: Tony on February 20, 2023, 08:50:18 PMSo basically you want other people to use their money to buy a bus that needs a £20,000 replacement engine along with lots of other work just because of a coat of paint?
I never said that. But as a lot of Leicester drivers and enthusiasts alike liked this bus.. it was only a suggestion.
Sorry for posting...

SSmith09

from a comment on the LTHT facebook page it may have been provisonally sold for preservation already 🤞🤞

leicesterbusadventurer

Former First Leicester ALX400 32067 (KP51 VZR) has now been preserved.

Two StreetDeck Electroliners have been spotted doing test runs in Leicester recently. I imagine these are intended to replace the current StreetDecks in the coming weeks.

SSmith09

Highly doubt they'll be anything to do with first as the electric vehicles due are 68 x GB kite single deckers

Fin W

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on February 24, 2023, 10:20:21 PMFormer First Leicester ALX400 32067 (KP51 VZR) has now been preserved.

Two StreetDeck Electroliners have been spotted doing test runs in Leicester recently. I imagine these are intended to replace the current StreetDecks in the coming weeks.
Since when were we getting electric deckers?

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on February 24, 2023, 10:20:21 PMFormer First Leicester ALX400 32067 (KP51 VZR) has now been preserved.

Are you on about the test from last year? As there haven't been any in First recently?
There's supposed to be 68 kite electric singles.. first of which will arrive soon and the rest later in the year. 

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: SSmith2009 on February 25, 2023, 10:49:10 AMHighly doubt they'll be anything to do with first as the electric vehicles due are 68 x GB kite single deckers

I was wrong. They are Eclipse 3s. Either I wasn't reading properly or my source had put StreetDecks down by accident. Corrected now.

Glenfieldmathk1

In
Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on February 26, 2023, 05:51:21 PMI was wrong. They are Eclipse 3s. Either I wasn't reading properly or my source had put StreetDecks down by accident. Corrected now.
Did you see these yourself? Are they in the first yard? Or are they a different operator? 

Glenfieldmathk1

At least 2 GBKite buses for Leicester have been spotted on road test in Ireland over the past week.
Should be here soon hopefully. 
Interestingly 1 is spotted in green (the same as Leicester Centrebus Greenlines).. Have they already decided to scrap Leicester buses route branding, and chosen a simple green for all (trying to be like London just green instead of red?).

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on March 06, 2023, 06:53:32 PMAt least 2 GBKite buses for Leicester have been spotted on road test in Ireland over the past week.
Should be here soon hopefully.
Interestingly 1 is spotted in green (the same as Leicester Centrebus Greenlines).. Have they already decided to scrap Leicester buses route branding, and chosen a simple green for all (trying to be like London just green instead of red?).
Could just be one of a few generic spares with mainlines branding similar to how the orbital buses have 4 branded for the service with 2 in greenlines livery?

Basically just having less buses in full route branding to give flexibility with avaliable buses

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk