News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dennis Falcon

Started by PM, October 14, 2012, 07:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Went on a dennis falcon/east lancs ex midland red north at bammot today and was very impressed-comfy, warm and no rattles and smart inside with the standard drawlane trim of fake wood laminates etc and penny dot flooring. Anyone drive one in service-what are they like from a driver's point of view?

andy

Quote from: Peter123 on October 14, 2012, 07:09:00 PM
Went on a dennis falcon/east lancs ex midland red north at bammot today and was very impressed-comfy, warm and no rattles and smart inside with the standard drawlane trim of fake wood laminates etc and penny dot flooring. Anyone drive one in service-what are they like from a driver's point of view?

Peter was it K212 UHA which is now with Midland Classic? I passed it in Moseley earlier...I didn't drive that batch but I did drive some of the G--- DPA ones, they too were smart but they were a bit more rattly...I dont think it was the age, I think they were a different spec and the bodies weren't as good. Very smooth and decently powered buses though. The K reg ones benefited from tinted windows which kept the interior from ageing and fading as quickly, unlike the older ones, similarly to the first batch of rebodied Tigers which didn't whereas the second batch did.

The East Lancs interiors were always excellent on everything we received at the time, the Dominators and Olympians they bodied were my favourite and of course the rebodied Tigers. The fake wood laminate always aged well and never looked tatty or dirty.

The Citybuses we had were originally Kentish Bus/London & Country and were done to the same Drawlane Spec, both the Northern Counties ones and the East Lancs ones that Green Bus ended up with a couple of. Good times!

PM

Quote from: andy on October 14, 2012, 07:50:06 PM

Peter was it K212 UHA which is now with Midland Classic? I passed it in Moseley earlier...I didn't drive that batch but I did drive some of the G--- DPA ones, they too were smart but they were a bit more rattly...I dont think it was the age, I think they were a different spec and the bodies weren't as good. Very smooth and decently powered buses though. The K reg ones benefited from tinted windows which kept the interior from ageing and fading as quickly, unlike the older ones, similarly to the first batch of rebodied Tigers which didn't whereas the second batch did.

The East Lancs interiors were always excellent on everything we received at the time, the Dominators and Olympians they bodied were my favourite and of course the rebodied Tigers. The fake wood laminate always aged well and never looked tatty or dirty.

The Citybuses we had were originally Kentish Bus/London & Country and were done to the same Drawlane Spec, both the Northern Counties ones and the East Lancs ones that Green Bus ended up with a couple of. Good times!

Yep, that was the one I think. Interesting to hear from someone whos driven similar buses. I thought the interior was fantastic-I know not all east lancs bodied buses of the time were lookers but they were a lot nicer than many of today's buses and to be honest I prefer the fake wood laminate to some of the stuff around today-hope this bus gets preserved if its still in service with midland classic.

andy

Quote from: Peter123 on October 14, 2012, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: andy on October 14, 2012, 07:50:06 PM

Yep, that was the one I think. Interesting to hear from someone whos driven similar buses. I thought the interior was fantastic-I know not all east lancs bodied buses of the time were lookers but they were a lot nicer than many of today's buses and to be honest I prefer the fake wood laminate to some of the stuff around today-hope this bus gets preserved if its still in service with midland classic.

I couldn't agree more, they had a unique appearance about them, you always knew it was an East Lancs and the materials and colours of the interiors were designed to age well and be easy to clean and not show dirt. Unfortunately the Low Floor revolution saw to them and that's when everything went bland and uniform in my opinion. The materials used in general on buses now are inferior in my opinion when you look at the price of a modern bus.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk