News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Tamworth Evobus batch

Started by andy, October 09, 2012, 12:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=19917

Judging by all the dignitaries getting in on the act at the launch, it seems unlikely that there isn't some local authority initiative or cash behind the introduction of this many new vehicles, yet there is no mention of one (as there normally would be) and what's more the network and timetables are virtually unchanged so maybe not?

Either way, I would suggest that disgruntled posters in the Cannock and Stafford area get in touch with Mike Maryon at Staffs CC as he seems to think that " Having good public transport links is hugely important to the county council and to residents in Staffordshire and these new, more environmental-friendly buses are certainly going to make travel by bus in Tamworth easier and more comfortable for passengers"

Perhaps you could point out to him that Cannock and Stafford are still in Staffordshire and that Tamworth's fleet now contains only 4 vehicles out of 43 older than 4 years. I am sure you can fill him in on the age of the rest of Arriva's Staffs allocation.

BU07 LGO

Worked it out that they cost £148k each! Does anybody know what that is compared to an eclipse urban or omnilink as they have been the chopsen vehicles for NXWM?

JackC

At a rough guess... a lot more?  :P

Justin Tyme

I see Arriva reckon that among those launching the buses were "representatives from bus manufacturers Daimler".

Does this mean that they are not Mercedes Citaros but Daimler Evobuses ?!?

A bit different to the last generation of Daimlers that worked from Tamworth!

Tony

Quote from: Justin Tyme on October 09, 2012, 08:28:29 PM
I see Arriva reckon that among those launching the buses were "representatives from bus manufacturers Daimler".

Does this mean that they are not Mercedes Citaros but Daimler Evobuses ?!?

A bit different to the last generation of Daimlers that worked from Tamworth!

The company that makes Mercedes vehicles (Cars & Buses) is actually Daimler AG. Mercedes is just a brand name.

Bruce_LOA400X

cannock is still under the same administration as Leicester and the other midlands operations.... I feel like asking why Leicester has had naff all investement over the last 8-12 years....

Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on October 09, 2012, 08:57:59 PM
cannock is still under the same administration as Leicester and the other midlands operations.... I feel like asking why Leicester has had naff all investement over the last 8-12 years....

Leicester have quite a few Local Linx Gemini's and the 52 plate East Lancs lowlanders dont they?

Tony

A pretty pointless question to ask as Cannock has had 11 new buses in the last year replacing approximately one in six of the allocation.

I think you will find that is a pretty high investment rate even compared to most Go-Ahead and Stagecoach depots!

nx4737

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2012, 09:13:20 PM

A pretty pointless question to ask as Cannock has had 11 new buses in the last year replacing approximately one in six of the allocation.

I think you will find that is a pretty high investment rate even compared to most Go-Ahead and Stagecoach depots!

Exactly that!  The amount of stick Cannock get on here is ridiculous.

Bruce_LOA400X

Only cause cannock and the WM are nicking our buses  :P

yes we have 8 11 reg versas for the 58's

We have 56 reg gemini's, Y, 51, 02, 52 reg lowlanders (some were originally Derby) and london cast offs with various crappy darts....

maybe I'm wrong then.. I just feel that for the money I pay to use the bus and everyone else as well, I just feel that Arriva could do better with the vehicles, if all of them get refurbished then cool, but some of them are in dire need of work.
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Discodave

What crap 11 buses big deal still have shit MPD rattle boxes and more crap darts coming in

andy

Well there's a bit of a logistics issue to sort out now because it sounds like Arriva can't operate anything in Arriva livery on Midland services until the OFT clear off, so the ex London Darts and B6's from Tamworth are currently surplus to requirements?

Where will they show up?

tphi12000

reported on the AM yahoo group that the B6's are going to Stafford.Tony
Tony

winston

Quote from: tphi12000 on October 10, 2012, 12:58:23 PM
reported on the AM yahoo group that the B6's are going to Stafford.Tony

The destination of the B6's may have changed since the OFT announced that they intend to investigate the Midland takeover and Arriva have agreed to an undertaking not to change the Midland business until the findings are released

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk