News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Centrebus

Started by Bruce_LOA400X, September 30, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

20913 is a standard one, the one on the picture looks way smaller than 20010

John

I'm pretty sure Western Greyhound used to have some of these very small solos with one door. To serve the very small narrow roads in the VIilages

I was very surprised to see a University Hospitals Of Leicester branded Omnilink going round the island at Yardley, Swan at 07:50 this morning heading towards Birmingham City Centre along the Coventry Rd.
Does anyone know what it was doing?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: 2206 on January 07, 2019, 04:14:18 PM
I was very surprised to see a University Hospitals Of Leicester branded Omnilink going round the island at Yardley, Swan at 07:50 this morning heading towards Birmingham City Centre along the Coventry Rd.
Does anyone know what it was doing?

Maybe heading for the Keltruck place near Willenhall, or another site, for warranty work ?

SG

Could of been going to Graysons

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on January 07, 2019, 04:17:01 PM
Maybe heading for the Keltruck place near Willenhall, or another site, for warranty work ?

47609FireFly

Former Yellow Buses, Optare Versas, T18 TYB and T22 TYB noted at Centrebus' Leicester depot, in the last week, both freshly repainted into company livery.

47609FireFly

Another Versa noted at Centrebus Leicester is, former Dorset County Council, YJ60 KFW.

Fleet numbers are:

782 - T18 TYB
783 - T22 TYB
784 - YJ60 KFW

Former First London, Enviro 200, 565 has been repainted into company colours and has gone to Luton. Scania saloon 722 has also departed Leicester to Luton.

Mayfield

Large fire next door to Centrebus depot on Wenlock Way Leicester, doesn't look like any vehicles affected.
Look on LeicesterMercury.co.uk for an image

LazyGuy222

A bad company imo. Poor driving standards (drivers on the wrong side of the road, over the speed limit etc.), they often give you the wrong tickets, poor frequency on routes, plus the older vehicles being more polluting than a cow.

dingding

Seen twice in Yardley today Centrebus Solo 322

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on January 13, 2020, 09:14:01 PM
A bad company imo. Poor driving standards (drivers on the wrong side of the road, over the speed limit etc.), they often give you the wrong tickets, poor frequency on routes, plus the older vehicles being more polluting than a cow.
You know, there was a time when Centrebus had some brilliant vehicles. I remember when they had the ex-Birmingham MCW Metrobuses on the 54 and 104, and there's no doubt if they lived to compete against First and Arriva on those services respectively now, they would definitely be my choice to travel the route with. Really, the next best thing would have been to have kept the Trident ALX400s on the 22A and 22B or 54A.

BH2004

Quote from: dingding on April 08, 2020, 08:16:06 PM
Seen twice in Yardley today Centrebus Solo 322

I think this was the one that I saw going through Warstones, Wolverhampton a couple of weeks ago, the one that i saw didn't have any logos on.

LazyGuy222

Does anyone happen to know the registrations and fleet numbers of the Ex Metrolime Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents that Centrebus have acquired in Leicester for the university shuttles?
They have had their registrations changed which is making it hard for me to find out what one specific vehicle was.

John

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on October 28, 2020, 04:21:48 PM
Does anyone happen to know the registrations and fleet numbers of the Ex Metrolime Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents that Centrebus have acquired in Leicester for the university shuttles?
They have had their registrations changed which is making it hard for me to find out what one specific vehicle was.

According to Flickr, 932 is 'LK04 NNC'

igogeneral

Quote from: Badger on October 01, 2012, 04:01:06 PM
My bus to University for three years was the Centrebus "Hospital Hopper". All around a very pleasant experience. Nice buses (Plaxton Centro, and Scanias that I presume were intended for NX:WM as they have identical interiors) and drivers that wave to you in the street when they recognise you. I would be happy to see them in the West Midlands at some point.
Need a bus based web designer, get in touch

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk