News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

ATG, igo and Ring & Ride

Started by vinh1000, September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metrorider

YJ67FYO has now been repaired and expected back on the road on Monday 05/03
Paul.

metrocity

Quote from: Metrorider on March 03, 2018, 03:41:13 PM
YJ67FYO has now been repaired and expected back on the road on Monday 05/03

I think iGo are one of the few British operators that are still prepared to put up with the junk that Optare continue to produce. A 67 plate vehicle off the road with a warranty issue for almost a week - ridiculous.

MW

Quote from: metrocity on March 03, 2018, 08:48:54 PM
I think iGo are one of the few British operators that are still prepared to put up with the junk that Optare continue to produce. A 67 plate vehicle off the road with a warranty issue for almost a week - ridiculous.

I think I'm seeing Optare in a new light now, after driving some Solos (both new and old).

MX57UPS in particular. Very good bus. YJ10MFV is another favourite.

Ashley 60171

I'm told by a friend who works for Optare that two further MetroCities and one Solo SR are due at Igo from dealer stock.

winston

I thought the Metrocity was proving quite popular / excellent fuel economy, is that not the case? Transdev Blazefield also seem happy to replace repeat orders

Quote from: MW on March 03, 2018, 09:49:06 PM
I think I'm seeing Optare in a new light now, after driving some Solos (both new and old).

MX57UPS in particular. Very good bus. YJ10MFV is another favourite.

Do we take it your back driving for Diamond Bus @ Redditch?

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Winston on March 03, 2018, 10:16:55 PM
I thought the Metrocity was proving quite popular / excellent fuel economy, is that not the case? Transdev Blazefield also seem happy to replace repeat orders

From the passenger seat, Optare products introduced into the Midlands in the last year or two are rattle free, comfortable, nippy machines.

Granted I've always had a soft spot for Optare given Wolverhampton was full of them as I grew up. I know they're not many peoples cup of tea though.

Kevin

The irony in your username is not lost on me here.....
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Metrorider

I can see your point, but so far of all the ones delivered new to Igo this has been the only problematic one. Turned out to be an electrical fault with a wire that had been accidentally trapped during production/assembly that had caused a tiny break in the wire that was causing the random stalling as the bus was moving, the offending wire has now been removed and rewired/rerouted correctly.
Paul.

Solo1

One of the 326 igo  today 136 from bilston  no shoe not sure if the bus
broke down or was running late

Metrorider

Quote from: Solo1 on March 05, 2018, 06:10:05 PM
One of the 326 igo  today 136 from bilston  no shoe not sure if the bus
broke down or was running late

They're could have been one missing for a trip because YJ67FYO broke down yet again!!!!!  ::)
Paul.

Solo1

Which service will the 18 reg be found on 19 or 326 thanks

Kevin2017

Solo1

Wonder if the Moseley  depot of wmsnt  will.be running the
New igo   69 contract from end if April as it not far from kings heath

Metrorider

Quote from: Solo1 on March 13, 2018, 07:12:14 AM
Wonder if the Moseley  depot of wmsnt  will.be running the
New igo   69 contract from end if April as it not far from kings heath

No chance, not enough room in that depot for a bus. It'll either be Tay Rd or North operated.
Paul.

broma1k

Had 1 1/2 hrs in Harborne to see the 10's today with YJ66 ANU & YJ67FYS on the 10H & YJ67FYT & YJ67 FYU on the 10S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk