News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

On another subject, anyone in the area concerned,  seen more than 2 people getting off or on a number 2 in Blakenall?

Bob

Quote from: Westy on November 05, 2019, 05:54:13 PM
But as previously mentioned last time this rumour popped up, Simon is not allowed to comment for legal reasons!

Definetely. But surely he would be able to state that its untrue, if it was.

BN

Quote from: Winston on November 05, 2019, 04:45:47 PM
I can't fully remember the entire fleet make-up of Burton at sale, but it did come with a large batch of 52 plate VDL SB200 / Commanders at the time.

https://www.route-one.net/news/arriva_to_sell_in_burton/

For a rumour, it's pretty well detailed as regards named buyers for the depot / for the operational business etc. Select have made a sizeable increase in disc's for their size - no smoke, without fire in my opinion....
The Burton fleet was not the first choice. I put together a package of Scanias from MK but book values were too high so the current fleet of Commanders went accross. I think it was 3706-3716 if I remember.

Bob

Cannocks recently had most if not all 52 plate Commanders drafted in i think? And some really rough internally Centros in exchange for the Sapphires. The 12 year old Volvos have come in  in exchange for 61 plate and the solitary 63 plate Pulsar. Maybe the Cadets will come back....

LazyGuy222

Quote from: Bob on November 05, 2019, 07:48:45 PM
Cannocks recently had most if not all 52 plate Commanders drafted in i think? And some really rough internally Centros in exchange for the Sapphires. The 12 year old Volvos have come in  in exchange for 61 plate and the solitary 63 plate Pulsar. Maybe the Cadets will come back....
Did you have to retake 3717 from Thurmaston. One of the nicest buses I've been on in terms of suspension comfort and sound.

Busman Jamie

2745 back working from here, noted on the 3 today

Busboy105

There are rumours flying around that NX could be buying Cannock garage off Arriva is it true? Because I dont see it happening in my opinion but it could help NX with their single deck problems.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 10, 2019, 06:31:38 PM
There are rumours flying around that NX could be buying Cannock garage off Arriva is it true? Because I dont see it happening in my opinion but it could help NX with their single deck problems.

I couldn't imagine nx wanting that fleet of buses. Far to exciting for nx to operate

BN

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 10, 2019, 06:31:38 PM
Doubt it if the garage has already been sold.

Bob

Quote from: BN on November 10, 2019, 07:06:30 PM
Doubt it if the garage has already been sold.

I heard garage haa been sold, and Arriva are leasing it back for 5 years so are going nowhere

Westy

Quote from: Bob on November 10, 2019, 07:24:38 PM
I heard garage haa been sold, and Arriva are leasing it back for 5 years so are going nowhere

Isn't that what happened with Wednesfield?

That was on lease wasn't it?

evo mark

the garage land has been bought by a car sales company on the a5 and leased back

Bob

Quote from: evo mark on November 10, 2019, 09:27:39 PM
the garage land has been bought by a car sales company on the a5 and leased back

So theyre not pulling out of Cannock at all then

Busboy105

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 10, 2019, 06:48:52 PM
I couldn't imagine nx wanting that fleet of buses. Far to exciting for nx to operate
NX might use their buses for a while and then slowly replace with surplus single decks from other garages but it doesn't look like NX want to expand into Cannock so we'll leave it at that.

Bob

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 10, 2019, 10:37:05 PM
NX might use their buses for a while and then slowly replace with surplus single decks from other garages but it doesn't look like NX want to expand into Cannock so we'll leave it at that.

Theyve expanded with the X51

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk