News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

If the case is that they are dumping the #### there, would said vehicles be included in the sale?

I don't know how many vehicles exactly are based at Cannock,  let's say 60 for sake of argument, would the new operator take on those vehicles?

When Diamond took over the Wednesfield operation,  they also had 9 of those vehicles as well.

If NX took over Cannock,  they in the short term, would surely have to operate most of those vehicles, until they sorted out the best way to run Cannock.

I suppose the odd standard Nx vehicle might be temporarily allocated there, to reinforce the Nx brand,  but in the main it would be Arriva livered vehicles with National Express fleetname & legal lettering slapped over the top!

Busboy105

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2020, 12:41:08 PM
If the case is that they are dumping the #### there, would said vehicles be included in the sale?

I don't know how many vehicles exactly are based at Cannock,  let's say 60 for sake of argument, would the new operator take on those vehicles?

When Diamond took over the Wednesfield operation,  they also had 9 of those vehicles as well.

If NX took over Cannock,  they in the short term, would surely have to operate most of those vehicles, until they sorted out the best way to run Cannock.

I suppose the odd standard Nx vehicle might be temporarily allocated there, to reinforce the Nx brand,  but in the main it would be Arriva livered vehicles with National Express fleetname & legal lettering slapped over the top!
That would be the case if NX took over. They could also put their excess single deckers at Cannock. I'm pretty all of their routes are deckers so would be a perfect solution to their conundrum.

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 06, 2020, 12:45:25 PM
That would be the case if NX took over. They could also put their excess single deckers at Cannock. I'm pretty all of their routes are deckers so would be a perfect solution to their conundrum.
Cannock is majority all single decker

Busboy105

Quote from: Pat on October 06, 2020, 01:37:26 PM
Plays right into NX's hands. They get to solve their single decker problem but also get to introduce links to Wolverhampton and Walsall. (I know they already exist but aren't high frequency).

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 06, 2020, 01:54:55 PM
Plays right into NX's hands. They get to solve their single decker problem but also get to introduce links to Wolverhampton and Walsall. (I know they already exist but aren't high frequency).
Maybe there's not one because, there is no demand for a high frequency service. NX tried running the 154 in the past and that was withdrawn.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on October 06, 2020, 02:01:54 PM
Maybe there's not one because, there is no demand for a high frequency service. NX tried running the 154 in the past and that was withdrawn.

154 went to Stafford, not Cannock. Links to Wolverhampton and Brownhills from Cannock could be on the cards, depending on viability.

Struck out incorrect statement.

Quote from: ellspurs on October 06, 2020, 02:18:44 PM
154 went to Stafford, not Cannock. Links to Wolverhampton and Brownhills from Cannock could be on the cards, depending on viability.
154 went to Hednesford via Cannock.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 06, 2020, 01:54:55 PM

I'm slightly confused here.

NX has too many single deckers?

When the likes of IGO went bump, they were scrabbling around for single deckers at one point, even transferring ones down from Dundee ISTR.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2020, 04:05:00 PM

When the likes of IGO went bump, they were scrabbling around for single deckers at one point, even transferring ones down from Dundee ISTR.

Yes, too many single deck. The ones from Dundee were minibuses which obviously are needed for specific routes

Busboy105

Quote from: Westy on October 06, 2020, 04:05:00 PM

Could the reason why NX have so many single deckers is because of all the consultations that have been done where routes were chopped, changed and withdrawn? Not to mention that NXWM took Scanias off Dundee and Coventry whilst sending 13 (?) Gemini's to Dundee.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 06, 2020, 04:13:53 PM
Could the reason why NX have so many single deckers is because of all the consultations that have been done where routes were chopped, changed and withdrawn? Not to mention that NXWM took Scanias off Dundee and Coventry whilst sending 13 (?) Gemini's to Dundee.

No, it's because those reviews increased passenger numbers.

The current double to single ratio is the highest it has been for many years

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 06, 2020, 04:13:53 PM
Or a mixture of growing passenger numbers and now there's also distancing limiting number of passengers on top of that.

City Centre - Bromford now uses double deckers every 10 minutes as X12/X70 which used to see single decks every 20 minutes as 72, City Centre - QE/University as X20/X21/X22 now has double deckers every 6 minutes, was single deckers every 10 as 98/99.
Other routes converted such as 55/94 corridor and 72 corridor saw single decker use for many years previously.

The Scanias transferred from Dundee nearly 9 years ago and the current 28 ones moved to Perry Barr in 2013.
And i'm sure the Gemini to Dundee might have been fleet replacements for older buses up there and occured at a different time 2015/2016, so don't think there's any relation between those moves.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bob

Re all the above. Wouldnt imagine NX would want to go anywhere near Cannocks network apart from the X51, judging by the age of the fleet, zero investment, absolute state of many of the buses it surely cant make much money?

Bob

Quote from: Pat on October 06, 2020, 01:37:26 PM

Cannock is all single deck has been for years, the Tamworth decker is just a temp loan i think. Its been loaded with knackered Solos over the last couple of years and other tired old sheds

Trident 4194

From an enthusiast perspective, I love cannocks vehicles. Best place to find old, lively vehicles. I haven't been to Cannock or Tamworth this year unfortunately

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk