News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by arrivaaston, September 08, 2012, 12:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

if arriva take the 23 over from midland, i think that telfords mercedes benz vario 1905 would be ideal to work the 23's

nx4737

Discodave

Quote from: arrivaaston on September 08, 2012, 12:37:07 AM
if arriva take the 23 over from midland, i think that telfords mercedes benz vario 1905 would be ideal to work the 23's

What are you on about most contracts state low floor even the staffordshire ones a solo is fine even a mpd if desparate

arrivaaston

i guess in a sad way, i think arriva on 23's and automaticly assume mercedes, if u remember before choice took  the route on it was all r/ual r/dub and p/cal mercs that worked the 23, it would be nice to see a mercedes minibus work the route again

Discodave

and the old fogies moan all they ever did when arriva ran minis I was forever on the blooming route 5 hours either in the morning or evening absouloute torture was glad they lost it

arrivaaston

surely the mercs must be easier to get round bank street and langholm drive in heath hayes, i no some of the solos and darts have struggled

Discodave

yes but what about diptac rules mercs do not comply and as I have said most contracts state a low floor bus if the council/PTE pay for it they expect it

arrivadays

I'm kind of confused about the allocation of 1905 (YM55RRX), a Mercedes-Benz Vario/Plaxton Beaver. Is it based at Telford, as stated by Tony's fleetlist? Or is it a sort-of 'spare' vehicle?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Tony

Quote from: arrivadays on February 24, 2013, 09:32:33 PM
I'm kind of confused about the allocation of 1905 (YM55RRX), a Mercedes-Benz Vario/Plaxton Beaver. Is it based at Telford, as stated by Tony's fleetlist? Or is it a sort-of 'spare' vehicle?

It is based at Telford, and has been out on normal service at least once in February, instead of its tendered once in a blue moon service it is there for

Bob

Im sure ive seen it on the Wolverhampton to Pattingham route a few times. Im sure, in the early 90s the Pattingham service ( then MRN) was usually operated by a Duple Laser Tiger coach?

Tony

Quote from: bob on February 24, 2013, 09:59:42 PM
Im sure ive seen it on the Wolverhampton to Pattingham route a few times. Im sure, in the early 90s the Pattingham service ( then MRN) was usually operated by a Duple Laser Tiger coach?

It is the 58x services it is at Telford for, see my photo of it in Wolverhampton
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/1905.html

But on the 19th February Paul Godding saw it out on the 23/24 in Telford

Bob

How often do they run?

arrivadays

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2013, 10:08:40 PM
Quote from: bob on February 24, 2013, 09:59:42 PM

It is the 58x services it is at Telford for, see my photo of it in Wolverhampton
http://wmbusphotos.com/Arriva/1905.html

But on the 19th February Paul Godding saw it out on the 23/24 in Telford

It has been on the 23/24 of recent. Hope that one day I'll see it on the 55.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

covlad27

Arriva have sent 1905 to Western Greyhound to assist them after the arson attack on their fleet

arrivaaston

Busman99 u beat me to it :-p I was just about to post

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk