News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Predictions for 2024

Started by Stu, December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'd predict Kidderminsters B7RLE fleet is withdrawn. The 3 Kidderminster - Stourport is upgraded with Steetlites from the North West cascaded in, as this seems to be Kidderminsters busiest route.

A large number of Omnilink single deckers will be withdrawn.
2/3 8A/8C upgaded to electric double deck operation from single deck.

Some more minor services cut and key services will have frequency increases.

X5 to Tamworth maybe.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Hydrogens on the 51 continue to be a rare sight.

hlliwmai

Another prediction I've just thought of 

LandFlight end up collapsing exactly the same as DeCourcey did and effectively cease trading and all services transfer to Diamond. 

Johnsons take on the coach division of the business. 

All the buses are sold on. 

winston

Quote from: BN on December 10, 2023, 08:54:49 PMWith the already confirmed disposal of North America, I predict the Cosmen family to take over Alsa part of Mobico.
Leaving NX UK the only business left in the group. NX bus will be taken over by TfWM and the coach arms to be bought by private firms.
Mobico are only putting North American school bus up for sale, they will still have North American transit & shuttle. That's assuming they get a decent offer for school bus. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Ginger66 on December 10, 2023, 04:07:16 PMI heard houses are going to be built on the old kings cinema and indoor market,  Superdrug is moving to New Square and I heard Iceland is moving to the high street.
That's where I went to West Brom on Friday Superdrug, Iceland might move to where Poundland was Queen Square/High Street how about the other shops. New Square is honestly the best part of West Brom Kings Square felt busier than Queen Square although Queen Square was busy at 3PM when I was heading back to the bus station. Besides Poundland there is a Holland and Barrett and other than that it looked empty almost like I shouldn't go there. The busiest part was the Esclators to New Square which I assume is where the Christmas lights and decorations are. If they demolish Kings Square I'd imagine a lot of West Brom High Street on that side would be moved and rebuild sort of like when they demolished the Shopping Centre in Walsall to build Primark a lot of the shops moved to the new units built the other side of Primark heading twoards Asda.

Actual bus related prediction unlikely but due to congestion around the M5 J1 worse when West Brom play at home WB run a 74E Matchday shuttle to The Hawthorns. Other Predictions Sprint will be delayed/Scrapped when or if the New Mayor takes over. BCC Will sell the Hydrogens to NX in a bid for more cash. The Walsall to Wolverhampton line will be further delayed although Willenhall might open for tests at the end of 2024 with the whole line maybe by the end of 2025. The new Mayor will realise it is pointless taking the Tram everywhere when it like Buses and Cars has to sit in congestion on street sections and that it's construction causes delays. The Metro itself will have another suspension and eventually all the CAF Trams are scrapped with WN and WB joining forces to run the 74 and 79 maybe with 79 temporarily extended to Birmingham. New Trams are then ordered. The Section to Brierley Hill/Dudley will be scrapped and instead Bus lanes will be built, Cross City bus network like Sprint will fail due to increasing congestion from the outgoing mayors Metro obsession. And HS2 to Birmingham will be scrapped by a Labour government who now deem it pointless and will instead use some of the sections to upgrade the WCML or for new routes.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Celestial Toymaker

my predictions
Hydrogen Buses to finally get the heave ho, due to lack of availability
Electrics continue to dominate, following on from CV, WA, WN & PB go all electric,
AG continue to get the left overs, and WB get nothing, a NEW Livery is launched AGAIN, Grey is now out, Andy Street says Blue is the new colour to match his beloved Trams,       AG continues to just run a patchwork of cast of colours

11A/ 11C gets a further change, it is decided they should serve all Hospitals, on the route, now calling at Q.E. service frequency becomes every 10 - 15 minutes, Solihull Hospital via 7 Star Road, (right) onto Loade Lane, Right onto Warwick Road for AG & back to normal line of route, now known as "The Hospital Bus"
Handsworth is no longer served, services on this section now run from NEW City Hospital (drop back) then onto Birmingham for The Childrens Hospital

No.1 "Moseley" is taken off parts are added to other routes & garages
due to Rail Strikes, 999 service makes a welcome return now known as X999 connecting Solihull with NEC / Airport etc.

New Mini Bus service to run Solihull Hospital to Dorridge Station, making use of Ambulances cascaded by further NHS cuts, 10 minute service known as 181 operates via Bentley Heath & Widney Manor to Solihull, Then Warwick Road, Station Road Knowle (and reverse) AG scheduled to close and merge with YW

37 service (Warwick Road) becomes 37C Birmingham to AG & Return

Sprint Bus fails to get off the ground

as its fantasy might aswell let imagination run riot

3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Stu

Regarding Sprint, I wouldn't be surprised if the plans to buy and use articulated buses get quietly shelved, and the whole scheme gets dropped, with the Walsall to Bham Airport/Solihull just becoming the first 'cross-city' bus service instead, using new electric double-decks or the existing hydrogens. 
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Stu on December 11, 2023, 07:59:06 PMRegarding Sprint, I wouldn't be surprised if the plans to buy and use articulated buses get quietly shelved, and the whole scheme gets dropped, with the Walsall to Bham Airport/Solihull just becoming the first 'cross-city' bus service instead, using new electric double-decks or the existing hydrogens. 
Or the Cross City network slowly gets scrapped and services are timed to connect with each other and timed to be more frequent and faster. With the Mayor's obessesion with Trams everything will get congested
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

spacecowboy150

Diamond buys all the independents

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 11, 2023, 08:56:46 PMDiamond buys all the independents
Then one of the "big boys" buy Diamond ??  ??

spacecowboy150

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on December 11, 2023, 09:14:19 PMThen one of the "big boys" buy Diamond ??  ??

well, Go-Ahead tried that a few years back, If any company it will be NXWM 

B61 ANDREW

I might go back and check the 'predictions' for 2023 .  :laugh: :wink:

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 11, 2023, 09:18:15 PMwell, Go-Ahead tried that a few years back, If any company it will be NXWM
A bit out there. Rotala bought Diamond from Go Ahead.

spacecowboy150

Quote from: Tony on December 11, 2023, 09:42:30 PMA bit out there. Rotala bought Diamond from Go Ahead.
my bad then, still shows that even a big company cant properly compete against NXWM. 

TBH I look at places like Newcastle and think that it must be pretty interesting with 3 big operators in a 3-way 'bus war'

Tony

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on December 11, 2023, 09:46:12 PMmy bad then, still shows that even a big company cant properly compete against NXWM.

TBH I look at places like Newcastle and think that it must be pretty interesting with 3 big operators in a 3-way 'bus war'
They're not in a bus war though, they all do their own thing 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk