News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

X1 transfers to Coventry 22/10/2023

Started by JPC, September 16, 2023, 02:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Nice to see Coventry drivers don't know which stops they stop at, see numerous X1's stopping at stops on Coventry Road that it doesn't serve.

j789

Quote from: Jack on October 23, 2023, 04:50:57 PMNice to see Coventry drivers don't know which stops they stop at, see numerous X1's stopping at stops on Coventry Road that it doesn't serve.
And I suppose you are perfect in an every way in your own job?

It's the first day for goodness sake and on a long trunk route like the X1 with limited stops along busy sections it's easy to make a mistake, even with prior route learning.

After a few shifts on it as a driver things like that become second nature but give the drivers a break!

Tony

Quote from: j789 on October 23, 2023, 04:58:22 PMAnd I suppose you are perfect in an every way in your own job?
It's the first day for goodness sake and on a long trunk route like the X1 with limited stops along busy sections it's easy to make a mistake, even with prior route learning.
After a few shifts on it as a driver things like that become second nature but give the drivers a break!
Presumably passengers were requesting the bus to stop as well.

Drivers also do a full days work, not spend all day looking for other's mistakes

Quote from: Jack on October 23, 2023, 04:50:57 PMNice to see Coventry drivers don't know which stops they stop at, see numerous X1's stopping at stops on Coventry Road that it doesn't serve.
Its probably a bit confusing at first the odd random stops that it doesn't use on a very long route and they're not familiar with the area, similar to when Rugby Garage started running WM routes.
Think you should give them a few days to get used to it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: j789 on October 23, 2023, 04:58:22 PMAnd I suppose you are perfect in an every way in your own job?

Alright so it's okay for them to just drive past people with hailing them at a stop it calls at?

Thankfully I wasn't waiting for the X1 but I would have been pretty annoyed if that happened to me.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on October 23, 2023, 08:22:26 PMAlright so it's okay for them to just drive past people with hailing them at a stop it calls at?

Thankfully I wasn't waiting for the X1 but I would have been pretty annoyed if that happened to me.
Changing your story now then, Which stop did it drive past?

Jack

Quote from: Tony on October 23, 2023, 08:25:23 PMChanging your story now then, Which stop did it drive past?
Kathleen Road, but stopped at Deakins Road which it doesn't call at.

Frustrated people too I've seen most the day, most aren't happy with the EV's layout and I've seen a fair amount of rammed ones during the day. I personally don't think they are suited to the X1 at all.

MW

Quote from: Jack on October 23, 2023, 09:34:24 PMKathleen Road, but stopped at Deakins Road which it doesn't call at.

Frustrated people too I've seen most the day, most aren't happy with the EV's layout and I've seen a fair amount of rammed ones during the day. I personally don't think they are suited to the X1 at all.

Why aren't they suited?

If there's capacity issues, this can be rectified by a frequency increase. In terms of the layout, what do you mean? Were all the seats taken? If so, was this not an occurrence before?

Jack

Quote from: MW on October 23, 2023, 10:06:16 PMWhy aren't they suited?

If there's capacity issues, this can be rectified by a frequency increase. In terms of the layout, what do you mean? Were all the seats taken? If so, was this not an occurrence before?
Speed. The capacity issues have looked cosy all day and the seating arrangements on the lower deck aren't particularly popular from what i've seen.

MW

Quote from: Jack on October 23, 2023, 10:09:05 PMSpeed. The capacity issues have looked cosy all day and the seating arrangements on the lower deck aren't particularly popular from what i've seen.

What are they limited to speed wise? 

I'm assuming you're referring to the section on the A45 that's 60mph?

How have you determined that they're not popular? What does that even mean, not popular? Have you heard passengers complaining?

Jack

Quote from: MW on October 23, 2023, 10:11:31 PMWhat are they limited to speed wise?

How have you determined that they're not popular? What does that even mean, not popular? Have you heard passengers complaining?
43mph I've been told. Least the MMC's were able to manage a bit more.

Overheard passengers and even the X2 drivers this morning who weren't happy at all with it. 

Tony

Quote from: MW on October 23, 2023, 10:11:31 PMWhat are they limited to speed wise?

They are limited to 70kph as opposed to 80kph for platinum which makes a difference of a few seconds on the short stretch between Meridian and Allesley

Lukeee

NX Coventry are currently recruiting for drivers if you think you can do better

MW

Quote from: Tony on October 23, 2023, 10:21:38 PMThey are limited to 70kph as opposed to 80kph for platinum which makes a difference of a few seconds on the short stretch between Meridian and Allesley

Which was the point I was trying to get at.

70kph = 44mph
80kph = 50mph

There's a difference of 6mph, and the X1 is able to reach those speeds for a short section of the route, so as Tony has said it's a matter of a few seconds.

So that leaves the question of "popularity..."

dw1308

I have noticed that on my morning duties when following the X1 more often then not passengers are boarding my bus (60) and the X2 if its behind a X1, now I'm not sure if that's due to the bus being full or if passengers are looking at the front and seeing National Express Coventry and unsure if they can catch it or not. I guess these things will take time for everybody to get used too, still it's nice seeing a different vehicle down the A45 and most of the CV drivers give me a cheery wave as we pass each other

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk