News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service/timetable changes from 23rd July 2023 (City Centre Changes)

Started by Steve3229vp, July 08, 2023, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: Stu on July 23, 2023, 03:42:15 PM33, 51 and 907 use stop PQ3.

934, 935, 936, 937, 997 and X51 use stop MS7, but also call at PQ3 out of city.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/changes-to-birmingham-city-centre-stops
Currently nothing can use MS7....

Would make sense for the Sutton Services to go back to the Square Peg and release the Priory Queensway stop...

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2023, 04:55:07 PMCurrently nothing can use MS7....

Would make sense for the Sutton Services to go back to the Square Peg and release the Priory Queensway stop...
No it wouldn't, it mean buses taking longer routes in the City Centre.
I'm glad the 907 are going from the Square because the Law Courts stop is just around the island instead of the Dale End stop when having to travel down Albert Street, Moor Street and Priory Queensway. So having the Sutton services having to go all the way around to the Square Peg stop is just unnecessary. 

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 23, 2023, 05:04:30 PMNo it wouldn't, it mean buses taking longer routes in the City Centre.
I'm glad the 907 are going from the Square because the Law Courts stop is just around the island instead of the Dale End stop when having to travel down Albert Street, Moor Street and Priory Queensway. So having the Sutton services having to go all the way around to the Square Peg stop is just unnecessary.
Take it you didn't read, but I was suggesting it because it means that something can then instead terminate on Priory Queensway, there was never an issue when they stopped there before. That stop can become quite a pain when there's more than 2 buses there.

I much prefer the stop at Dale End, it saves doing a walk all the way up, as what a lot of people i've heard today have said.

I wonder what will serve the stops opposite the Peg.

B.C Driver

Regarding the stop changes, they will benefit some and not benefit others. If you work in the Square Peg or nearby and live in Newtown you'll be rubbing your hands with glee.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

ellspurs

Quote from: B.C Driver on July 23, 2023, 06:08:44 PMRegarding the stop changes, they will benefit some and not benefit others. If you work in the Square Peg or nearby and live in Newtown you'll be rubbing your hands with glee.
On a random note, the Square Peg is closing for refurbishment next month.

Gareth

Quote from: Jack on July 23, 2023, 06:03:16 PMTake it you didn't read, but I was suggesting it because it means that something can then instead terminate on Priory Queensway, there was never an issue when they stopped there before. That stop can become quite a pain when there's more than 2 buses there.

I much prefer the stop at Dale End, it saves doing a walk all the way up, as what a lot of people i've heard today have said.

I wonder what will serve the stops opposite the Peg.
'Saves doing a walk all the way up'! You being serious? It takes a minute. Two whole minutes if you walk slow.

Running board 12/12 had a massive mistake on it yesterday the 1758 departure from Colmore row had 45 minutes to reach The Bear pub 1843 and total journey time of hour and half to Dudley bus station, driver was not amused. The next 12 left from city l15 MINUTES later 1813 with bear pub time of 1836  hilarious one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk