News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New tenders

Started by Jack D, July 03, 2023, 08:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen

Will the Sunday X10 timetable be changed with the extended X21 (heading both to Birmingham) 

Tony

j789

Quote from: Owen on September 28, 2023, 07:08:20 PMWill the Sunday X10 timetable be changed with the extended X21 (heading both to Birmingham)
I cannot imagine there are many passengers in Birmingham who would travel on either service all the way to Merry Hill, they aren't exactly quick express routes. 

Most people using transport from Birmingham would go on the train to Cradley Heath and change to a local bus for Merry Hill at the interchange.

Owen

Quote from: j789 on September 28, 2023, 07:20:10 PMI cannot imagine there are many passengers in Birmingham who would travel on either service all the way to Merry Hill, they aren't exactly quick express routes.

Most people using transport from Birmingham would go on the train to Cradley Heath and change to a local bus for Merry Hill at the interchange.
I meant the fact on their way from merry hill, they'll both serve Halesowen and (near Quinton on X21) before hitting Bartley green and Ridgacre.

Even though they'll take different routes, People don't want to be waiting around for a bus so people going from Halesowen and merry hill would probably appreciate the fact they can get on either nxbus at a reasonable timing.

Stu

Quote from: Owen on September 28, 2023, 07:08:20 PMWill the Sunday X10 timetable be changed with the extended X21 (heading both to Birmingham)
No.

The extended X21 is simply to replace the current contracted 002 service on Sunday between Weoley Castle and Merry Hill.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Quote from: MW on September 18, 2023, 08:45:51 PMProbably old news but I've not come across it before, but TfWM are stating that adult fares must not exceed £2.70 and child fares must not exceed £1.50.

Is this the new fare structure from the end of October? (Unless any government funding gets extended).
The £2.70 is government funded I think. I seem to recall that it was stated back in about June I think that the government funded fares would be increased to this amount in October. 

MasterPlan

I am curious as to why NX bid to win the 002 Sunday tender to be honest, is it just a temporary measure until a more permanent solution can be found with another operator? Otherwise, I'm not sure what NX gain from it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

D10

Quote from: Rachvince53 on September 28, 2023, 08:07:31 PMThe £2.70 is government funded I think. I seem to recall that it was stated back in about June I think that the government funded fares would be increased to this amount in October.
The funded capped bus fare is going up to £2.50 from the 1st November 2023 and will last until 30 November 2024.

The £2.70 fare would have been the max single price had the fare cap not been in place.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: D10 on September 28, 2023, 08:23:02 PMThe funded capped bus fare is going up to £2.50 from the 1st November 2023 and will last until 30 November 2024.

The £2.70 fare would have been the max single price had the fare cap not been in place.
Have nx said there staying in the 2.50 fare cap yet?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 28, 2023, 08:22:52 PMI am curious as to why NX bid to win the 002 Sunday tender to be honest, is it just a temporary measure until a more permanent solution can be found with another operator? Otherwise, I'm not sure what NX gain from it.
Why wouldn't they bid?

What do you think they gain from it, If they have priced the tender properly they make money from it

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on September 28, 2023, 08:07:31 PMThe £2.70 is government funded I think. I seem to recall that it was stated back in about June I think that the government funded fares would be increased to this amount in October.
Incorrect misinformation.

The maximum single fare stipulated by TfWM recently increased to £2.70.

Government funding as part of its Help For Households scheme keeps single journey bus fares capped at a maximum of £2.00 - the government is only funding the difference.

From November 1st, the maximum cap allowance increases to £2.50. It is not yet known if TfWM or it's operators will continue to participate in this scheme after this date.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on September 28, 2023, 08:35:15 PMWhy wouldn't they bid?

What do you think they gain from it, If they have priced the tender properly they make money from it

I don't know, I was just wondering to be honest. But if they can make it work then fair play.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack D

25 & 600 being scrapped, but wasn't there a new route covering the 25?

Jack D

Just looked on TFWM and the changes are there, there is a new 67A and 71A wander what these are 

EK40

Quote from: Jack D on September 28, 2023, 09:52:56 PMJust looked on TFWM and the changes are there, there is a new 67A and 71A wander what these are
variations of the existing 67/71 that will serve the amazon warehouse in sutton see the "october changes" thread in the nxwm category

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk