News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Jack

EK40

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 05, 2023, 12:18:45 PMHow would I be happy I have been on the platuims for 4 years !! And platuims are 10 times better then the electrics
have you even been on the new electrics? went on them on the 20 from nuneaton full route then took the X1 and i can say that the electric was much better lol and they are even slightly higher spec having destination screens and slightly better highback seats (the headrest is slightly better)

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: EK40 on July 05, 2023, 02:30:28 PMhave you even been on the new electrics? went on them on the 20 from nuneaton full route then took the X1 and i can say that the electric was much better lol and they are even slightly higher spec having destination screens and slightly better highback seats (the headrest is slightly better)
They make me feel a bit sick no sound but I suppose when your used to them there alright

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 05, 2023, 02:33:14 PMThey make me feel a bit sick no sound but I suppose when your used to them there alright
Makes you feel sick with no sound?

They are much more smoother than a Platinum.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Jack on July 05, 2023, 04:30:05 PMMakes you feel sick with no sound?

They are much more smoother than a Platinum.
They seem worse 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 05, 2023, 02:33:14 PMThey make me feel a bit sick no sound but I suppose when your used to them there alright
I'm very impressed with the Electrics, there smooth and fairly quick. It's the most impressed I've been about new buses since the Timesaver Metrobuses (2911-2960) from 1986 !

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 05, 2023, 05:19:02 PMI'm very impressed with the Electrics, there smooth and fairly quick. It's the most impressed I've been about new buses since the Timesaver Metrobuses (2911-2960) from 1986 !
As a driver I think they are the best vehicles since the Gas powered B10Ls, although slightly overtaken by the Wrights versions both Hydrogen & Electric

Tony

4763 was painted today, should be back at WB early next week

don

Quote from: Tony on July 05, 2023, 05:38:22 PMAs a driver I think they are the best vehicles since the Gas powered B10Ls, although slightly overtaken by the Wrights versions both Hydrogen & Electric

That's interesting - I have yet to travel on a modern electric double decker - I've been on various types of single decker including the BYD E200 electrics on the 507 in London, which are very smooth.

The one comment I would make is that travelling on older Optare electrics around Croydon/Norwood Junction and few years back, they made an appalling din from the rattling of the bodywork and fittings over more minor roads - to the extent the rattling was far more intrusive than on a diesel bus (because of the lack of engine noise). 

Therefore, and given the sort of rattling from the bodywork particularly of ADL products already in service, it'll be interesting to see if the electrics fare better. My experience of Wrights products (particularly hybrid double deckers in London) is they're very smooth and comparatively rattle free. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on July 05, 2023, 06:27:19 PMThat's interesting - I have yet to travel on a modern electric double decker - I've been on various types of single decker including the BYD E200 electrics on the 507 in London, which are very smooth.

The one comment I would make is that travelling on older Optare electrics around Croydon/Norwood Junction and few years back, they made an appalling din from the rattling of the bodywork and fittings over more minor roads - to the extent the rattling was far more intrusive than on a diesel bus (because of the lack of engine noise).

Therefore, and given the sort of rattling from the bodywork particularly of ADL products already in service, it'll be interesting to see if the electrics fare better. My experience of Wrights products (particularly hybrid double deckers in London) is they're very smooth and comparatively rattle free.
I took H1016 to Coventry for a VIP visit yesterday, and H1018 for fuel today. Both are an absolute pleasure to drive. A deal has finally been agreed with the fuel supplier for a fixed price for a couple of years, similar to what is done with diesel, so the hope is, (although not 100% finalised) the hydrogens can go into full use from later this month.

Wolves256

When will the 100 ZEBRA hydrogen buses start to arrive?

Tony

Quote from: Wolves256 on July 05, 2023, 06:58:06 PMWhen will the 100 ZEBRA hydrogen buses start to arrive?
Probably a few months after they are ordered, if they are ordered

Wolves256

So it sounds like hydrogen is not progressing at the speed everyone hoped for

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 05, 2023, 12:18:45 PMHow would I be happy I have been on the platuims for 4 years !! And platuims are 10 times better then the electrics
As a driver I HATE Enviro 400mmc platinums  they are 10 times worse than every other diesel bus i have driven really annoying boxes of shit , Volvos  just kill these plus the 4700s ENVIRO 400s  4749 one epic bus to drive. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk