News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 28, 2023, 02:42:56 PM4672 has just come through City on its way back to AG in fresh red.
And 4675 now at Walsy

BBS

QuoteAnd 4675 now at Walsy
Are these getting vinyl or a repaint but front only? 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack6101

I didn't think anything under 4880 was going to be getting refurbished with the new interior , , PN4830 has had the new interior saw today on the 126
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 29, 2023, 01:24:45 PMI didn't think anything under 4880 was going to be getting refurbished with the new interior , , PN4830 has had the new interior saw today on the 126
I'd of expected 4718 upwards to be refurbished with new interiorr

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 29, 2023, 02:13:49 PMI'd of expected 4718 upwards to be refurbished with new interiorr
I'd say 4763 upwards

Tony

It's only 4880 upwards unless the interior is really poor.

4830 was as it had never had a previous refurb

Wumpty

Looking at recent refurbs/repaints, the temporary branding to buses really does look very smart. NXWM have made a concerted effort to make temporary branding look smart, relevant and on brand, as depicted on the photo below.

The application to the ex Coventry E400s have made them look very much part of the brand with the sky blue fronts until their turn for refurb/paint, and on the Gemini posted in the link below.

It's certainly a far cry from the mid 90s when they'd just plonk a decal over the multitude of absorbed buses from Central Liner, Yourbus and Metrowest.

NXWM 4672 (wmbusphotos.com)
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: 2900 on July 31, 2023, 10:20:33 AMstill got grey and red dot trim from last refurb
Oh so it's still dirty and horrible on inside

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 31, 2023, 10:30:06 AMOh so it's still dirty and horrible on inside
it was parked really tight next to others it was 4am i popped my head inside quickly the front 2 seats did'nt look refurbed to me, hopefully the cleaners have at least scrubbed it up.  

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on July 31, 2023, 10:30:06 AMOh so it's still dirty and horrible on inside
You already know they won't be refurbished, I'm sure they will have a deep clean though...

Gareth

Quote from: Wumpty on July 31, 2023, 09:32:16 AMIt's certainly a far cry from the mid 90s when they'd just plonk a decal over the multitude of absorbed buses from Central Liner, Yourbus and Metrowest.

NXWM 4672 (wmbusphotos.com)
It's exactly the same. Plonking a decal on a multitude of liveries. On my local route I can catch buses in red/white, blue/white, crimson, NXC blue, platinum, new grey. Some say West Midlands on the side, some say Coventry, some have ugly big red stickers slapped on the sides and rear claiming to be 'on loan'. It's a mess.

Westy

Quote from: Gareth on July 31, 2023, 07:01:26 PMIt's exactly the same. Plonking a decal on a multitude of liveries. On my local route I can catch buses in red/white, blue/white, crimson, NXC blue, platinum, new grey. Some say West Midlands on the side, some say Coventry, some have ugly big red stickers slapped on the sides and rear claiming to be 'on loan'. It's a mess.
Dunno why they describe it as a 'loan', when it's a transfer?

We had this on a previous livery change, where you had 'West Midlands Part Of National Express ' on the red & white livery, until someone got round to changing the signs, while the older Metrobuses in the silver, red, white & blue livery retained the Travel West Midlands fleet name, along with vehicles in the 90's livery.

Back in 1986, you quite happily had 'West Midlands Travel' stuck over the Wmpte livery!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on July 31, 2023, 09:04:11 PMDunno why they describe it as a 'loan', when it's a transfer?

We had this on a previous livery change, where you had 'West Midlands Part Of National Express ' on the red & white livery, until someone got round to changing the signs, while the older Metrobuses in the silver, red, white & blue livery retained the Travel West Midlands fleet name, along with vehicles in the 90's livery.

Back in 1986, you quite happily had 'West Midlands Travel' stuck over the Wmpte livery!

I remember PN ended up with some ex coventry Mercs just before they was retired - think they just put a decal on them too - at least the mercs were at the end of their life anyway so it didn't really matter

Wumpty

Quote from: Gareth on July 31, 2023, 07:01:26 PMIt's exactly the same. Plonking a decal on a multitude of liveries. On my local route I can catch buses in red/white, blue/white, crimson, NXC blue, platinum, new grey. Some say West Midlands on the side, some say Coventry, some have ugly big red stickers slapped on the sides and rear claiming to be 'on loan'. It's a mess.
In the 90's and regardless of the colour, they would whack any old decal that came to hand.

This time, the decals have been shaped, greater thought into single colours and keeping it on brand so it's a softer attempt to absorb into the NXWM fleet.

Granted, not sure I "get" the 'on loan' element. I know why they have done it, but does it add any value to what it's trying to do?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk