News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Another big order announced today

Started by Tony, January 26, 2023, 05:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on January 29, 2023, 06:48:17 PMHow's route 51 going? 😜
The infrastructure is there. It's the possibility of a large increase in Hydrogen costs, and the driver shortage that is meaning only 6 are used each day at the moment 

Solo1

Which is cheaper to run electric or hydrogen 

Gareth

Quote from: Solo1 on January 29, 2023, 09:55:27 PMWhich is cheaper to run electric or hydrogen over desil
Well if it's hydrogen we're screwed  If they can't afford to run more than 6 buses a day.

With 600 electrics in service by end of next year, I'd imagine they're cheaper.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on January 29, 2023, 10:12:19 PMWell if it's electric, we're screwed with 600 of the things coming by next year If they can't afford to run more than 6 hydrogen buses a day.
I don't see the link

If Hydrogen goes up to £40 per kilo which there's worries it might it makes the Buses extremely expensive to run. Whereas electricity at 10p per k/w is much cheaper than diesel

Westy

Anyone read Nx's Facebook page today?

A 'regular contributer' has had his say over the hydrogens.

suavegarv

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2023, 10:16:43 PMI don't see the link

If Hydrogen goes up to £40 per kilo which there's worries it might it makes the Buses extremely expensive to run. Whereas electricity at 10p per k/w is much cheaper than diesel
Presumably,this increasing cost will impact future sales and interest from other operators?

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2023, 08:50:59 PMThe infrastructure is there. It's the possibility of a large increase in Hydrogen costs, and the driver shortage that is meaning only 6 are used each day at the moment
Will AG get Electrics or Hydrogens at all ?
Im interested to see how they cope with 11A/11C which reminds me, are they keeping it as it is on 11A/11C or are they going to reconnect the full route ?
with so many buses now using City Road . Dudley Road, is it not time to make a small change to the 11A/11C (city rd, portland rd, gillott rd, selwyn rd, city rd then normal line of route) just an idea
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

BBS

QuoteWill AG get Electrics or Hydrogens at all ?
Im interested to see how they cope with 11A/11C which reminds me, are they keeping it as it is on 11A/11C or are they going to reconnect the full route ?
with so many buses now using City Road . Dudley Road, is it not time to make a small change to the 11A/11C (city rd, portland rd, gillott rd, selwyn rd, city rd then normal line of route) just an idea
4/4A needs the upgrade most imo 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

filbus1

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 02, 2023, 09:47:20 PMWill AG get Electrics or Hydrogens at all ?

AG will be electric, hydrogens can't be kept inside buildings. 

Solo1

Quote from: filbus1 on February 03, 2023, 08:56:50 AMAG will be electric, hydrogens can't be kept inside buildings.
So if the hydrogen buses need repair how do they fix them outside 

Tony

Quote from: filbus1 on February 03, 2023, 08:56:50 AMAG will be electric, hydrogens can't be kept inside buildings.
Hydrogens can be parked inside in a garage with the correct ventilation which a lot of older garage have to let the diesel fumes out.

Gareth

Quote from: SUNDAY.BASH on February 02, 2023, 09:47:20 PMWill AG get Electrics or Hydrogens at all ?

The whole fleet will be zero emission within a few years, so even if a garage doesn't get anything new this time, it's only a matter of time.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: BBS on February 03, 2023, 12:38:44 AM4/4A needs the upgrade most imo
i never suggested AG or the 11A / 11C needed an upgrade, i merely stated a fact that i would be interested to see how the Electrics or Hydrogens would cope with life on there
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

BBS

Quotei never suggested AG or the 11A / 11C needed an upgrade, i merely stated a fact that i would be interested to see how the Electrics or Hydrogens would cope with life on there
AG generally does need a upgrade, they have loads of non euro 6 buses which seem to slowly be leaving the fleet 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on February 03, 2023, 08:07:05 PMAG generally does need a upgrade, they have loads of non euro 6 buses which seem to slowly be leaving the fleet
The non-EU6 vehicles will need to be gone by May this year, so I'm pretty sure there's already a plan to deal with those few remaining at AG as well as other garages.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk