News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus meeting on local services north solihull

Started by monkeyjoe, February 05, 2023, 06:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I can see there is a meeting to discuss North solihull bus services at the kingshurst labour club on 16th of feb ? With councillors and bus company representatives? Does anything ever come of such meetings 

ellspurs

There'll be a summary in the Green Party's quarterly newsletter.

The last time there was murmers it was when NX axed all the Kingshurst services bar the 55. The 71 got diverted around Kingshurst as well, as Claribels briefly brought a 71a in, but it's going back through there now as of September 2019.

The only thing I think they have to moan about at the moment is the reliability of the services and the woeful TfWM implementation of the recent changes. Barely anyone used the 93 this end, so it isn't really missed, and if anything we randomly have an improvement of services through to the airport on weekends and Sundays. At least the youth haven't got around to bricking all the services as they pass through, yet.

monkeyjoe

I guess the areas had more services than ever these days, guess it will be reliability like everything. Done well out of Brexit haven't we ;).

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on February 05, 2023, 06:20:20 PMI can see there is a meeting to discuss North solihull bus services at the kingshurst labour club on 16th of feb ? With councillors and bus company representatives? Does anything ever come of such meetings
It would be a good opportunity for local people who use or rely on these services to have their say, and to offer feedback and suggestions.

Whether anything comes out of it is down to the people who participate and contribute.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

It was a rhetorical question to be honest all of the above is pretty obvious I would have thought. We will see. 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on February 05, 2023, 06:51:45 PMIt would be a good opportunity for local people who use or rely on these services to have their say, and to offer feedback and suggestions.

Whether anything comes out of it is down to the people who participate and contribute.
I look at the 95 and it is more indirect than the old 55, I wonder if an X11 would be an idea to run as X12/X13 to Castle Bromwich, then direct via Shard End and Kingshurst to Chelmsley.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Steve3229vp on February 05, 2023, 08:01:46 PMI look at the 95 and it is more indirect than the old 55, I wonder if an X11 would be an idea to run as X12/X13 to Castle Bromwich, then direct via Shard End and Kingshurst to Chelmsley.
That's an interesting idea would you have run via the Bromford estate or skip it out direct via Bromford rd? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk