News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Another big order announced today

Started by Tony, January 26, 2023, 05:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

I thought the sprint buses was due this year & if BC get the new buses this year will the sprint start this year & then replace the deckers on the sprint with the new bendibuses

Tony

QuoteI thought the sprint buses was due this year & if BC get the new buses this year will the sprint start this year & then replace the deckers on the sprint with the new bendibuses
BC won't get new buses this year  as stated before you're not going to put the expensive infrastructure in a garage due to close

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on January 27, 2023, 07:11:14 AMBC won't get new buses this year  as stated before you're not going to put the expensive infrastructure in a garage due to close
Yardley Wood and Perry Barr more likely then 

Stevo

I'm pleased to read 'All British'. The current delivery are ADL-bodied BYDs, with those BYD chassis made in China. ADL is developing its own battery electric chassis. I think the Wright Electroliner is already all British.

Stu

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 27, 2023, 07:42:41 AMYardley Wood and Perry Barr more likely then

The press release mentions 'across the West Midlands', so not necessarily just Birmingham garages.

Tony has stated that the intention is to replace the Scanias, but then again there may not be like-for-like replacements, and cascades could see some Scania OmniLinks at certain garages get E200s or B7RLEs as replacements for example.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

QuoteThe press release mentions 'across the West Midlands', so not necessarily just Birmingham garages.

Tony has stated that the intention is to replace the Scanias, but then again there may not be like-for-like replacements, and cascades could see some Scania OmniLinks at certain garages get E200s or B7RLEs as replacements for example.
Most likely replacing WB, WN, WA, AG, YW old tridents and Geminis 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

EK40

Quote from: Steve3229vp on January 27, 2023, 07:42:41 AMYardley Wood and Perry Barr more likely then

Perry barr i hope tbh too many omnilinks end up on busy double deck services at peak times lol

uniquicity

Just list all the garages and you will never be wrong :rolleyes:

Stu

Quote from: BBS on January 27, 2023, 03:34:06 PMMost likely replacing WB, WN, WA, AG, YW old tridents and Geminis
Well yeah that is what is already happening with the arrival of the EVs into Coventry.

Don't forget that before the end of next year, some of the earliest OmniLink examples will have reached 17 years old.
My locals:

Stu

Quote from: EK40 on January 27, 2023, 03:42:47 PMPerry barr i hope tbh too many omnilinks end up on busy double deck services at peak times lol
Same issue over at YW, especially on the 2 and 3 services.

It's been known for some time that the overall NX fleet has more single decks than actually needed, so there's some crumb of comfort knowing this imbalance will be redressed by the end of next year.
My locals:

Ginger66

Surely the infrastructure as to be in place for electric and hydrogen buses to charge up.  

Tony

Quote from: Ginger66 on January 29, 2023, 12:51:29 PMSurely the infrastructure as to be in place for electric and hydrogen buses to charge up. 
And your point is?
I'm sure the people placing these orders know that.

Jack6101

Will West Bromwich get electric buses ? Is the garaged planned to be moved ? 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Stu

Quote from: Jack6101 on January 29, 2023, 04:19:32 PMWill West Bromwich get electric buses ? Is the garaged planned to be moved ?
I'm pretty sure there was some comment here before about WB garage having some work done to upgrade the mains power supply to facilitate future installation of EV charging stations, but I may be mistaken, happy to be corrected.
My locals:

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on January 29, 2023, 02:33:43 PMAnd your point is?
I'm sure the people placing these orders know that.
How's route 51 going? 😜

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk