News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: BBS on December 10, 2022, 10:26:59 AM41 and 46 are able to have double deckers
Doesn't mean Stagecoach will choose to use them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: 2206 on December 10, 2022, 11:05:29 AMProbably don't need them though  I guess.
Not sure Rugby have any double decks either.
Bus times say Kettering, Northampton and Leamington have double decks.
Fleet list – Stagecoach Midlands – bustimes.org

The 82 can have double decks as well, as they were used regularly when ran by Diamond/Johnsons, however as the Nuneaton depot doesn't have any you will  never see one on there.
The buses used on these new TfWM contracts will need to be Euro 6 too.

Tony

QuoteThe buses used on these new TfWM contracts will need to be Euro 6 too.
And I don't believe any of the current Rugby fleet is Euro 6, so ex London E200s would seem one option available, another would be E200MMCs (or converted E200s) transferred from another subsiduary

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2022, 11:29:39 AMAnd I don't believe any of the current Rugby fleet is Euro 6, so ex London E200s would seem one option available, another would be E200MMCs (or converted E200s) transferred from another subsiduary
The 63 reg ones like SN63KGO appear to be. They show as no charge on the Birmingham CAZ site.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on December 10, 2022, 11:42:30 AMThe 63 reg ones like SN63KGO appear to be. They show as no charge on the Birmingham CAZ site.

Stagecoach will need approx 15 extra buses + spares to cover the tenders they are thought to have gained.

Secondary trigger 28

When will the new bus timetables be up for  the new routes like the 58?

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2022, 11:29:39 AMAnd I don't believe any of the current Rugby fleet is Euro 6, so ex London E200s would seem one option available, another would be E200MMCs (or converted E200s) transferred from another subsiduary

I believe some of Leamington's are possibly Euro 6. Will be interesting to see what happens though.

markcf83

Quote from: 2206 on December 10, 2022, 11:42:30 AMThe 63 reg ones like SN63KGO appear to be. They show as no charge on the Birmingham CAZ site.

What about others of a similar vintage ie the 62/13 plates?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Coventrybususer95

Could we see the 48 branded gold buses be transferred from Nuneaton to ruby 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

QuoteWhat about others of a similar vintage ie the 62/13 plates?
No Classic shape E200s were built as Euro 6, but many have had exhaust systems fitted over the last few years.

BBS

QuoteWhen will the new bus timetables be up for  the new routes like the 58?
Most likely when stagecoach registers the routes 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

gc802002

Taken from the Blink, There are 4 routes to be registered and they will be looking for a local outstation.

Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Heartlands Hospital
Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Kings Heath
Kings Heath to Shirley
Shirley to Kingshsurst

Not mentioned in the post , But I would presume if local premises are indeed found , That it might be cheaper to Run the 82/87 and 88 from their?

Stu

Quote from: gc802002 on December 10, 2022, 03:50:25 PMTaken from the Blink, There are 4 routes to be registered and they will be looking for a local outstation.

Kings Heath to Shirley
Shirley to Kingshsurst

Not mentioned in the post , But I would presume if local premises are indeed found , That it might be cheaper to Run the 82/87 and 88 from their?
Somewhere near Shirley or Solihull would probably be ideal for them, they could bring in the X20 as well.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

gc802002

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2022, 03:59:50 PMSomewhere near Shirley or Solihull would probably be ideal for them, they could bring in the X20 as well.
And with the Solihull - Coventry work would be quite an operation , Around 20 Vehicles? 

Secondary trigger 28

Quote from: gc802002 on December 10, 2022, 03:50:25 PMTaken from the Blink, There are 4 routes to be registered and they will be looking for a local outstation.

Kings Heath to Shirley
Shirley to Kingshsurst

Do you mean Solihull to  kingshurst ? Or is that correct

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk