News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

'Lost' Drivers

Started by notepanel, July 24, 2012, 05:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: danny on September 07, 2012, 10:52:11 PM
Goood excuse to be late lol

That's the best thing about it haha. Didn't miss much though, plus got 2 bus journeys for the price of 1!

sonic84

Back in the days of the old 19 Hasbury to Birmingham, one driver drove to the end of Dunstall Road and instead of turning right to head up Huntingtree Road, turned left.  He ended up following the old 247 route to the Stourbridge Road, but then turned left heading towards Stourbridge.  As he had already passed Lutley Mill Road to head back up towards Huntingtree Road, I ended up having to direct him to the bus station following Belle Vale, Hawne Lane, Whittingham Road and Furnace Lane. 

TinnedPeaches

When I was a little lad in the early 1980s I remember a Metrobus coming down my street. May not sound all that unusual, but it was a very shot cul-de-sac with very VERY limited space to turn. It was probably on either route 257 or the long since withdrawn 137 - back in teh days when it terminated in Gornal Wood and traveled all the way to Birmingham. No idea where the driver thought he was going, but I was really pleased he made that decision!

BU07 LGO

Last year i remember hearing the familiar sound of a B7 ALX so looked out my window and remember seeing one on the 451 coming down my road! It had a few scared old ladies on!

Liberator9

On the Blue Diamond S2 a few months back the Church Hill going up towards Solihull was closed with a policewoman at the bottom by the roundabout turning everyone away. She didn't bother helping the driver and he let passengers out outside the Council house. He asked if anyone knew another way which I did so I went up and helped him. He was saying he has no cab radio and has to rely on his mobile to report or find out something. He didn't want to that as he may be punished of course. After guiding him along Prince's way, and back onto Station Road we were back on the route. He was grateful but no £1!

Westy

Those who know Willenhall near Wolverhampton will know Hootys.
(I work at the big Spar depot further along the road!)

A few years back, Bilston Lane  / Rose Hill was closed for gas or sewer works,diverting those routes mainly via Shepwell Green.

One day I was leaving work & saw a 525 Excel coming up the estate access road, which was off route.

I rang my workmate, who was still in the office, & he took a pic of the bus parked up on the Spar depot Goods in unloading bay!

Shame we never kept the photo.

More recently, the change from Walsall to Wolves for the 529, caused one vehicle from Walsall to head onto the Black Country Route instead of the 'old route'.

The driver ended up turning round by the Burger King roundabout & coming back to Junction 10 & resuming the route from there!

fleetline6477

This afternoon just before 3.30 I was upstairs on a NX 77 parked in Sutton Parade waiting to depart when a Red Diamond Dart T 546 HNH pulled in front of us close to the 451 stop. As I was thinking what is a Red Diamond bus doing down here the driver got off the bus and walked towards our bus with what looked like a folded duty card in his hand and came up to the cab window. From the hand signals he was making he was clearly asking for directions. He then got back into his bus and drove off.

Maybe this vehicle was on loan to Blue Diamond?

nitromatt1

Not exactly getting lost, but this evening around 8:20pm the numpty driving 4812 on the 9 towards  Birmingham ignored the Broad Street diversion (no buses in Broad Street after 8pm on Friday and Saturday) and went through Broad Street despite the 141 in front clearly missing the Broad Street turning to do the diversion.

There was not one other bus in Broad Street. What's more, when politely pointing out his mistake when the vehicle had stopped I got only a stony face and no acknowledgement or response. He was the first driver not to receive a "thank you" from me in many months...

Westy

Quote from: nitromatt1 on April 05, 2013, 11:09:52 PM
Not exactly getting lost, but this evening around 8:20pm the numpty driving 4812 on the 9 towards  Birmingham ignored the Broad Street diversion (no buses in Broad Street after 8pm on Friday and Saturday) and went through Broad Street despite the 141 in front clearly missing the Broad Street turning to do the diversion.

There was not one other bus in Broad Street. What's more, when politely pointing out his mistake when the vehicle had stopped I got only a stony face and no acknowledgement or response. He was the first driver not to receive a "thank you" from me in many months...

Sometimes you wonder why you bother.

danny

You can get some mardy drivers tbf.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Kevin

Years back, I was getting the 951 back from school in Walsall and there was a crash on the walsall road just after scott arms, police were diverting everyone down through Hamstead and Rocky Lane but the driver asked if anyone knew a way to get through without missing any stops (he would have missed Tower Hill) so I told him to go down Calshot Rd and up Booths farm...
...annoying really conidering I could have let him follow the police advice and get dropped off on Rocky Lane, much closer to my house
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Not so long back i had to direct a driver round most of the WN 25 route.

nitromatt1

Me and Nath just got off a 241 (2089) towards Halesowen which took the 140's left-turn at Quinton! It took a right turn down Victoria Avenue, then followed the 9's route to the Royal Oak, then went back up Kent Road to drop a passenger off then turned around the island and went back along the original route to Halesowen. It was about 15 minutes late

;D

BCMobile

Quote from: danny on April 06, 2013, 03:23:53 AM
You can get some mardy drivers tbf.

Don't get me started on that statement.

Ash

A 45 heading for Walsall full of passengers headed down the Newton Road this evening i think the driver thought it was a 46.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk