News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Clean Air Zone

Started by cardew, March 06, 2020, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Coventry Council website bus section.shows how up to date they are with buses locally!

https://www.coventry.gov.uk/info/118/public_transport/556/buses

The hyperlink to the bus map is the 2018 edition before last years changes!

JPC

Quote from: JoNi on March 08, 2020, 04:08:37 PM
Coventry Council website bus section.shows how up to date they are with buses locally!

https://www.coventry.gov.uk/info/118/public_transport/556/buses

The hyperlink to the bus map is the 2018 edition before last years changes!

@JoNi Have you informed them about it by clicking where it says 'Is there anything wrong with this page?' near the bottom of the page?.

@Bus Man K2 Hope you can ask the team at WMNetwork to get the old map(s) such as the one linked in the above page removed from the internet.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on March 08, 2020, 05:09:59 PM
@JoNi Have you informed them about it by clicking where it says 'Is there anything wrong with this page?' near the bottom of the page?.

@Bus Man K2 Hope you can ask the team at WMNetwork to get the old map(s) such as the one linked in the above page removed from the internet.

Hi @JPC  this page is nothing to do with the Transport althourity it's down to the Conecil to update.. Maybe @JoNi may beable to give Coventry Council. a nought?! 😁

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 08, 2020, 06:04:42 PM
Hi @JPC  this page is nothing to do with the Transport althourity it's down to the Conecil to update.. Maybe @JoNi may beable to give Coventry Council. a nought?!

@Bus Man K2
What I'm asking is WMN needs to remove the old map(s) which is located on one of their servers ( )
so whoever clicks on the outdated links to them, which could be repeated on any given website, will get something like a 'file not found' notice rather than an out of date map.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on March 08, 2020, 06:30:55 PM
@Bus Man K2
What I'm asking is WMN needs to remove the old map(s) which is located on one of their servers ( )
so whoever clicks on the outdated links to them, which could be repeated on any given website, will get something like a 'file not found' notice rather than an out of date map.

Hi @JPC  They have taken it off the server. It's just on the server of the council. So as I said if @JoNi  could prompt the Coulncil to update their server then it should rectifi it.

JPC

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on March 08, 2020, 06:55:36 PM
Hi @JPC  They have taken it off the server. It's just on the server of the council. So as I said if @JoNi  could prompt the Coulncil to update their server then it should rectifi it.

@Bus Man K2
The aforementioned old maps are publically accessible at this location...
http://static.centro.org.uk/documents/nwm/Map-Guides/

Are you still going to try to tell me they are on the Coventry Council servers?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: JPC on March 08, 2020, 07:11:30 PM
@Bus Man K2
The aforementioned old maps are publically accessible at this location...
http://static.centro.org.uk/documents/nwm/Map-Guides/

Are you still going to try to tell me they are on the Coventry Council servers?

Ok  @JPC  that server may very well be Centro's but they don't use it any more. They've moved to another one  I think? That's why you can't see the new ones on there. So I thin it is down to the council to contact TfWM to get the new server added to there links. So as I said earlier if @JoNi  could promt them then that would be great.

Stu

I sent a message via their website yesterday afternoon, and the page on the Coventry council website has now been updated - it now links to the 'Maps' page of the Network West Midlands website.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on March 09, 2020, 06:23:08 PM
I sent a message via their website yesterday afternoon, and the page on the Coventry council website has now been updated - it now links to the 'Maps' page of the Network West Midlands website.

I also sent a message through the Council webdite yesterday. I'm glad we've got that corrected between the both of our messages!!

JoNi

Quote from: JPC on March 08, 2020, 05:09:59 PM

At the moment i'm restricting feedback purely to matters of health and safety. e.g. unroadworthy vehicles etc.
It took 8 weeks to receive reply to non safety related feedback after commitment had been given to do it in 15 days.
Perhaps its more prudent to identify the person responsible for updating so that it doesnt happen again!

Im amazed customer service is not front and centre of the TfWM bus vision with Andy Street as leader on look out for votes.

MW

Just a quick question for those in the know,

The 48 (Coventry to Nuneaton).

Does this route have a low bridge? I've wondered why double deckers weren't introduced on this busy route and instead high spec E200s were opted for.

Busboy105

Quote from: MW on June 12, 2020, 07:25:45 PM
Just a quick question for those in the know,

The 48 (Coventry to Nuneaton).

Does this route have a low bridge? I've wondered why double deckers weren't introduced on this busy route and instead high spec E200s were opted for.
I think there's one just before Bedworth. That's probably why the 20 doesn't use double deckers as well.

CL

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 12, 2020, 08:16:16 PM
I think there's one just before Bedworth. That's probably why the 20 doesn't use double deckers as well.
The 20 has been making use of deckers these past few weeks. https://flic.kr/p/2jbaM4Z (not my photo)

To my knowledge, the 20's usually allocated to single deckers because of a low bridge along one of the variant routes.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

paulb1973

Quote from: CL on June 12, 2020, 08:22:43 PM
The 20 has been making use of deckers these past few weeks. https://flic.kr/p/2jbaM4Z (not my photo)

To my knowledge, the 20's usually allocated to single deckers because of a low bridge along one of the variant routes.

The rail bridge over Woodshires Road in Coventry (between Wilsons Lane and Oban Rd) precludes double deck working on the NXC 20 group of services (when there is interworking). Stagecoach services don't go that way.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: paulb1973 on June 12, 2020, 08:38:26 PM
The rail bridge over Woodshires Road in Coventry (between Wilsons Lane and Oban Rd) precludes double deck working on the NXC 20 group of services (when there is interworking). Stagecoach services don't go that way.
According to Google Streetview the bridge is labelled as 3.8m 12'9''.

There was an old railway bridge on Hinckley Road on the east side of Nuneaton which according to Google Streetview, the bridge is labelled as 4.3m 14'39'' so this might have been the reason that single deckers have been used on 48. This railway was the old Nuneaton Avoiding Line which closed on 15/02/1992 but the bridge was only removed in March 2020 i.e. since the E200MMCs were introduced onto the 48.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk