News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: RW on April 24, 2024, 06:31:04 PMThanks Tony. From your "Up to..." post I think we can assume what the answer to my question is.
I put it that way because the current order is split into 4 different orders, so as Winston put the current batch is 30, but the total order of the final build goes up to E333, 170 vehicles E164-E333

don

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2024, 05:17:39 PMUp to fleet number E333
Thanks - 170 in total then - it will be interesting to see what future orders will comprise - electric single deckers will presumably be needed for CV in 2025? Also to see which body builders might be providing  single and double deck bodies on BYD chassis in the future. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on April 24, 2024, 06:57:47 PMThanks - 170 in total then - it will be interesting to see what future orders will comprise - electric single deckers will presumably be needed for CV in 2025? Also to see which body builders might be providing  single and double deck bodies on BYD chassis in the future.
The next order, which is likely to start delivery later this year, that I cannot give details of yet, but it will not be BYD

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2024, 07:13:40 PMThe next order, which is likely to start delivery later this year, that I cannot give details of yet, but it will not be BYD
Have you had the chance of driving another electric bus asides from the BYD ones and the electroliner? If so, what is your favourite electric bus so far?

Tony

Quote from: Ronnoc on April 24, 2024, 07:32:09 PMHave you had the chance of driving another electric bus asides from the BYD ones and the electroliner? If so, what is your favourite electric bus so far?
I've driven the Merc & Yutong singles as well.

The Electroliner is my favourite so far, but all four are really nice for the driver so very little in it.

Ronnoc

Thanks for the reply. I've been seeing that the Electroliner is making waves across the UK, especially London. I really do hope that NX order big for this bus, it also seems to be good from a passenger perspective.

don

Quote from: Tony on April 24, 2024, 07:13:40 PMThe next order, which is likely to start delivery later this year, that I cannot give details of yet, but it will not be BYD
Thanks for the reply. When all these vehicles are in service, there will be a very large number of vehicles to be taken out of service. 

cardew

A cynic might suggest the announcement will be timed so it can be made by a victorious mayor. 

Stevo

I'm starting to bite my fingernails with excitement - will we get to 100 new vehicles awaiting entry into service? Should do. Is this some sort of a record? :cheesy:

Mayfield

Tease

BBS

QuoteThanks for the reply. I've been seeing that the Electroliner is making waves across the UK, especially London. I really do hope that NX order big for this bus, it also seems to be good from a passenger perspective
I realised first have alot of trust in this bus 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on April 25, 2024, 09:06:19 AMI'm starting to bite my fingernails with excitement - will we get to 100 new vehicles awaiting entry into service? Should do. Is this some sort of a record? :cheesy:
Quite possible, yes, they are being delivered at around 5 a week, and we have another 4 weeks before the first batch go into use

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on April 25, 2024, 12:17:03 PMQuite possible, yes, they are being delivered at around 5 a week, and we have another 4 weeks before the first batch go into use
Will it beat the SDA --- S/TVP ---S batches of fleetlines and nationals which added up to more than 220 buses in one registration year, not forgetting the 4 prototype metrobuses of course

don

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 25, 2024, 02:06:26 PMWill it beat the SDA --- S/TVP ---S batches of fleetlines and nationals which added up to more than 220 buses in one registration year, not forgetting the 4 prototype metrobuses of course
I doubt it - that was 279 buses in one reg year - 6501-70; 6611-60; 6691-720; 6745-60; 6831-4; 6836-6905. IIRC this was caused by more than one factor - a) Met Camm being given 70 of Park Royal's order for Fleetlines because Park Royal was so slow (took reg P to T to deliver 120 vehicles) - b) WMPTE building up a surplus of vehicles so they could provide the shuttle bus contract from car parks to the NEC during the Motor Show. A massive amount of withdrawals  look place the next year. 

I'm guessing the full batch of 170 new electrics will replace many of the double deck fleet to 6718 (and all the non Euro 6 buses) and many of the Scanias also. 

Ronnoc

There will probably still be some 2009/10 Scanias lingering around after this batch of electrics. Hopefully NX don't eat into the 2007 Enviro 400s with this batch, they are still doing very well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk