News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

"TWM" Volvo B10L 1427

Started by Coventry Transport Dude, July 29, 2019, 11:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventry Transport Dude

I've just been looking through the photo's of the "TWM" Volvo B10L's on the West Midlands Buses In Photographs site and i've often wondered why / how 1427 has survived so long and is still standing at Pensnett a number of years after its sister vehicles from the fleet had all been taken away to be scrapped !  Some fortunately do survive as Driver Trainers, but 1427 is still in her original "TWM" livery and just seems to have been abandoned ?  It's really good to know that this Bus is still around and having seen the immaculate restoration work done on privately preserved Mercedes 1707, so as to get it back into its original livery, would National Express ever possibly consider doing something similar with 1427 and adding it to the heritage fleet ???  National Express have been great and pleasantly surprised me by adding 4125 to what i hope will be their ever growing heritage fleet and its repaint back into her original guise looks superb, but a single decker preserved by the company and painted in a similar guise to 4125, would certainly be a nice addition to what is becoming a brilliant heritage fleet that the company is fast putting together !!!! (Would love to shake the hand of the person or persons, who instigated the forming of this fleet, as it's truly brilliant what has / is being done there !).

Does anyone have any idea at all please what condition the Engine and Chassis are in on 1427, as if they're both hopefully OK, then other than repairing its dented panels and giving her a good clean and a fresh coat of paint, you could well have a nice preservation candidate there !!! (A nice survivor from the "TWM" era and still basically in original condition, give or take a few dents here and there ?).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk