News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Google Maps

Started by Ginger66, October 02, 2018, 06:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

When you click on a bus stop on google maps it gives you the time table of next couple of expcted departures but noticed google have indicated that buses are delayed/early by 3 minutes how does google now a bus is late.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on October 02, 2018, 06:17:42 AM
When you click on a bus stop on google maps it gives you the time table of next couple of expcted departures but noticed google have indicated that buses are delayed/early by 3 minutes how does google now a bus is late.

Probably by comparing timetabled data with real-time data.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

There is a new mobile version being released this week with a new Commuter tab which will show live positions of buses and trams on the map (same as the Uber app).  I know some cities such as Amsterdam are geared to use it, be interesting to see if it works locally

DJ

That sounds interesting, although I'd rather they focused on smaller issues first. For example, locally, all 42 services from Dudley/Tipton to West Bromwich are showed as Diamond, as well as most 82 services from Dudley to Wolverhampton. Additionally, if I try to get directions from my house to say Bilston, it tells me to walk past the nearest 82 stop and go to one further away.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk