News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Midland Bus Hire

Started by DJ, October 01, 2018, 11:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Fantastic to see a Wright Crusder bodied Dart preserved, the shade of yellow and logo style look spot on too.

Remember travelling on them in service with Diamond, I remember the bench seat bodied examples such as the YRPs being absolutely showroom inside and very nice to travel on. The EBD and BUD batches also seemed nice and all looked in good condition when withdrawn and all rode very well.

Any idea why more Wright bodied Darts weren't purchased by operators? They seemed better built than the Plaxton bodied ones... And better looking too!

Not many left of the type at all, or even ex Pete's Travel vehicles, just some newer TransBus Darts and T441EBD as a playbus!

metrocity

Quote from: PM on October 01, 2018, 09:06:09 PM
Fantastic to see a Wright Crusder bodied Dart preserved, the shade of yellow and logo style look spot on too.

Remember travelling on them in service with Diamond, I remember the bench seat bodied examples such as the YRPs being absolutely showroom inside and very nice to travel on. The EBD and BUD batches also seemed nice and all looked in good condition when withdrawn and all rode very well.

Any idea why more Wright bodied Darts weren't purchased by operators? They seemed better built than the Plaxton bodied ones... And better looking too!

Not many left of the type at all, or even ex Pete's Travel vehicles, just some newer TransBus Darts and T441EBD as a playbus!
If I recall didn't Dennis and Wright's have a fall out? Which meant the T registered batch were the last Darts build on the Crusader body

DJ

Quote from: fleetline6477 on October 01, 2018, 07:00:29 PM
I do hope the vehicle was not moving when the picture was taken. Not a good advert for the safety priorities of a bus operator to be carrying a small child on the front ledge like that, irrespective of how tightly the adult is holding them!!

What photo are you referring to?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

winston

Michael Bevan

Ex Blackpool Transport East Lancs Lowlander J70 BTS has been added to Midland Bus Hire's fleet today. It arrived earlier this afternoon.

Michael Bevan

R123 AGC was on Rail Replacement duties earlier for the Tame Bridge Parkway to Rugeley Trent Valley line. It was a standby vehicle in Walsall and ended up doing a trip to Rugeley Trent Valley and back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk