News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Tory Party Confrence - Extension Works

Started by Ginger66, September 30, 2018, 08:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

So the confrence is in full swing and a ring of steel is in effect around icc from 28th September until 4th October.   Surely this means a weeks delay in construction work on Broad St pushing back completion into 2020.

Even when completed trams would have to terminate at either grand central or town hall during future conferences will have to change at bull st and catch sprint or harborne/stourbridge services to complete journey.

karl724223

It's TORY
All they will do with the metro is like the buses divert it down the sandpits onto sheepcote street
Then back onto broad st

mikestone

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 30, 2018, 08:43:14 AM
So the confrence is in full swing and a ring of steel is in effect around icc from 28th September until 4th October.   Surely this means a weeks delay in construction work on Broad St pushing back completion into 2020.

Even when completed trams would have to terminate at either grand central or town hall during future conferences will have to change at bull st and catch sprint or harborne/stourbridge services to complete journey.
I sincerely hope they haven't appointed a contractor who hasn't built considerably more than one week's slack into the schedule.
;

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on September 30, 2018, 11:35:38 AM
It's TORY
All they will do with the metro is like the buses divert it down the sandpits onto sheepcote street
Then back onto broad st

That might be tricky for the trams, unless they're putting track down on Sandpits and Sheepcote Street.  ;D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Excuse my pedantry;

Isn't it the conference UKIP, instead of the Tories?

Don't suppose it matters much, though, in regards to the topic at hand. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

karl724223

Quote from: CL on September 30, 2018, 10:18:49 PM
Excuse my pedantry;

no the torys are in Birmingham

Kevin

Quote from: CL on September 30, 2018, 10:18:49 PM
Excuse my pedantry;

Ukip conference was last week, also at the ICC
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

CL

Got it. :P Can't keep up with politics lol.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk