News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Station

Started by 4679, September 29, 2018, 08:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Hardy

Sorry but I forgot include the following in the list which also are reverse out:
Daventry
Exeter (the old one and the new one when it is finished)
Plymouth Coach Station
Southampton Coach Station

P.S. I have visited all but 16 of them.

DJ

Diamond have now published the diversion for the 42 and 229, with the routes using Trindle Road into Dudley.

QuoteMonday 8th March until Further Notice

Castle Hill in Dudley will become one way in an outbound direction from the above date until further notice in order for works to be undertaken on the install of the Midland Metro Tracks.

All buses using Castle Hill out of Dudley will follow their Normal Line of Route, However Services 42 and 229 will divert towards Dudley Bus Station as follows: Castle Hill, Left at traffic lights (Station Hotel), then right into Porters Field (By Taxi Rank).

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Roy

According to a set of minutes on the West Midlands Combined Authority website, work will potentially start on site in February 2022 to align with Castle Hill returning to two way traffic following Metro works thus allowing for better access for Bus to the temporary site on Tower Street.

Jack6101

I've noticed notices around Dudley bus station today , Dudley bus station is to close on the 14th January 2024 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

karl724223

Pensnett drivers now being given diversion packs 

danny

Asumingq buses coming from Kates Hill (12/x8/7) will use station Rd/Castle Hill to get to the Broadway, will be intresting to see if anything will come through the town centre streets normally not used by buses. 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

karl724223

Quote from: danny on December 06, 2023, 11:50:42 PMAsumingq buses coming from Kates Hill (12/x8/7) will use station Rd/Castle Hill to get to the Broadway, will be intresting to see if anything will come through the town centre streets normally not used by buses.
No

the trainbasher

Tbf the temporary TRO put in place for the duration on the streets in the Tower Street/Ednam Rd/Priory Rd area are fun with half the parking bays converted to other restrictions

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Ian Hardy on February 16, 2021, 05:45:36 PMSorry but I forgot include the following in the list which also are reverse out:
Daventry
Exeter (the old one and the new one when it is finished)
Plymouth Coach Station
Southampton Coach Station

P.S. I have visited all but 16 of them.

Leicester st margrets is also a reverse out bus station, same with Lincoln central bus station and Telford bus station is reverse out.

Westy

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 09, 2023, 11:08:37 PMLeicester st margrets is also a reverse out bus station, same with Lincoln central bus station and Telford bus station is reverse out.
I went to Telford pre Covid. 

It was still the Arriva 8 when I went, so that will tell you how long it was! 

It was reverse out I remember.

markcf83

Quote from: Pat on February 15, 2021, 11:25:47 PM*Blackwood

Cwmbran sort of is and sort of isn't.  You can drive straight off the stand, if there isn't a bus on the stand in front. 
You missed Merthyr off it.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Wba_lad

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk