News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Station

Started by 4679, September 29, 2018, 08:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have just seen an article in the Express and Star saying the rebuilding of Dudley Bus Station won't start until 2020.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/dudley/2018/09/29/dudley-bus-station-rebuild-expected-to-start-in-2020/

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Sorry trainbasher but Dudley bus station is the only bus station in the Midlands that has not be updated so I welcome this news
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on September 29, 2018, 09:30:11 PM
Sorry trainbasher but Dudley bus station is the only bus station in the Midlands that has not be updated so I welcome this news

Dudley is still a dump, especially  with the fast food and charity shops, even with a new bus station and metro.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 29, 2018, 10:20:37 PM
Dudley is still a dump, especially  with the fast food and charity shops, even with a new bus station and metro.

Oh yes, charity shops makes a town a dump. Dire reason that is.

I love Walsall buses

Charity shops raise money to go to charity i recon that's a good thing doesn't mean if makes a town or a city look a dump

Jack

Quote from: Dom on September 29, 2018, 11:02:29 PM
Oh yes, charity shops makes a town a dump. Dire reason that is.
When there's too many of them I'd say it does, make places a dump. Just look at Kingstanding Shopping Centre, the only shops that are there are 97% charity shops!

Solo1

People only have so much to spend so fast food bring jobs done do delivery so more work & charity shops are cheap  someone's junk &another ones joy .What would you rather see empty shops

Westy

Liverpool One bus station is a nice looking one.

Are any of the TfWM ones similar looking?

Solo1

Most bus stations are now with doors that open when a bus is there

Kevin

That's a shame its going to take that long, but then the metro in Dudley is also taking far longer than it ever should have taken. Yet another kick in the teeth for those not living in Birmingham

Quote from: Jack on September 29, 2018, 11:41:10 PM
When there's too many of them I'd say it does, make places a dump. Just look at Kingstanding Shopping Centre, the only shops that are there are 97% charity shops!

Yes, it's the charity shops that make Kingstanding a dump... Definitely not the people...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dudley bus station does require an upgrade its just far to easy for Joe public to walk across the bus lanes/ carriage way etc , the electric doors have helped reduce the numbers good idea IMO
I,ve seen cars/taxis use it as a short cut as well.

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

the trainbasher

Tbh Dudley doesn't need a great glass monstrosity like what it's getting, the existing bus station is functional as it is.

Gareth

I'm all for having new bus stations, but I hate drive in, reverse out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk