News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Started by 4006, July 03, 2012, 10:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

Fair doos "smite" was abit of an agressive word tbf lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

John

It looks like instead of say +12/-1, if you press not so nice, then the number will do down by one, and go up if you press nice.

Wumpty

Karma? it's still next to The Pleck and round the corner From Palfrey!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Discodave

it would be the clap not karma you would get from there lol :D

nx4737

What's happened to Dave?  :o

Ash

Over the last week my Karma has been reduced by at least 10 which I ain't bothered about but just wondered why as I don't make any stupid suggestions just mainly posting unusual working and if people respond to any of my questions I ask I show appreciation by thanking them. I just don't see the point to it as i believe a forum is for an open discussion if you don't like a suggestion give your view if you think its better and not just reduce someone's Karma. At the moment my Karma is on 20 I expect it to get reduced to at least -5 lol by the end of the evening from this comment. What do other people think about it as it is a forum for discussion.

Stu

To be honest, I don't use it, and I take no notice of my 'score' either. It doesn't bother me in the least.  8)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ash

Quote from: Stu on February 05, 2013, 07:04:10 PM
To be honest, I don't use it, and I take no notice of my 'score' either. It doesn't bother me in the least.  8)

Same here just if regular posters keeping getting there score decreased and making some fair points they may not bother posting, just wondered what other people thoughts were really but agree I ain't fussed in the slightest just if someone disagrees with me would rather someone give me why they disagree and their own opinion not minus my karma but thats my view others are entitled to differ.

nitromatt1

I just showed my agreement with your post by increasing your karma...

But seriously, I absolutely agree with you. I would suggest the whole idea of karma is removed and perhaps instead the ability to "plus/minus" individual posts is added - so your reputation on the whole site isn't worsened by one mistake in a post.

Sh4318

The only reason my karma went down so drastically (-29) is because I put a Snow Hill Lines banner picture as my signature. Then it started going up to about -9, and then to 0, either someone really likes me, or my karma was reset. I'm not too fussed anyway, if people want to give me bad karma because of my signature then that's their business :), now my karma is usually between 1 and -1
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

Quote from: nitromatt1 on February 05, 2013, 07:23:04 PM
I just showed my agreement with your post by increasing your karma...

But seriously, I absolutely agree with you. I would suggest the whole idea of karma is removed and perhaps instead the ability to "plus/minus" individual posts is added - so your reputation on the whole site isn't worsened by one mistake in a post.

Thanks nitromatt1 (I've repaid you lol), Sounds like an excellent idea to me they do a similar thing on the sky sports website you give it a tick if you like an individual comment and a cross if you don't. So for example one comment may have 38 ticks and 12 crosses. So overall a positive comment.

Gareth

Is is possible instead to have a 'like' or 'thumbs up' only? It's good to like people's posts if you agree with them etc. don't really like the dislike option.

Discodave

Quote from: 4006                         (Not NEL 111P) on July 04, 2012, 08:11:57 PM
Quote from: Michael on July 03, 2012, 11:34:22 PM
I think I've got the worst karma, mainly from Sir 4504 and Mr NathanJC.
Better to be the best at something bad than being best at nothing!

Even more positive Krama and a good comment.

Discodave

Quote from: Ash on February 05, 2013, 06:54:38 PM
Over the last week my Karma has been reduced by at least 10 which I ain't bothered about but just wondered why as I don't make any stupid suggestions just mainly posting unusual working and if people respond to any of my questions I ask I show appreciation by thanking them. I just don't see the point to it as i believe a forum is for an open discussion if you don't like a suggestion give your view if you think its better and not just reduce someone's Karma. At the moment my Karma is on 20 I expect it to get reduced to at least -5 lol by the end of the evening from this comment. What do other people think about it as it is a forum for discussion.

I know I rant but I do not slate on Karma I may get things wrong but please correct me and I get the same happen as you Ash just for commenting even on simple stuff.  Mine will now go to -1000000000000000000000000000.

nitromatt1

I really do think having karma on the forum is a pretty bad idea, for instance someone I know's karma is being repeatedly put down for no good reason and I'm having to put it back up again each time. As I see it it's just a way of picking on someone you don't like.

Although I don't know how much control Tony has over the features of the site, it would be a lot better - and I'm sure many others agree with me - if you give feedback on individual comments, rather than on the user as a whole. If Tony actually reads these, I really think it would be an idea to have the 'nice/not so nice' buttons used for voting on each comment, as previously suggested. Like they say, "judge the action not the person".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk