News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Started by 4006, July 03, 2012, 10:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Although I disagree with Karma (all be it a bit of fun which personally I do not care what my rating is) along with other on-line stats such as ebay feedback, reviews (which can be the same reviewer reviewing the same s**t firm in a positive manner under a different i.d) I have noticed recently that certain peoples -Karma have been re-set to default
Would anyone agree with me that while the said person/persons can re-set their Karma they can still apply justified/unjustified Karma onto other users? I'm not saying they will...but they could and so I would suggest the same rule should apply to everyone where Karma should not be influenced and once given remain unchanged. Afterall no Karma + or - is justified as it is just an opinion and most I would say is unjustified in any case. Friends will praise friends, enemys revoke enemys!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

BU07 LGO

On a lot of other forums that i use a reason must be given before - rep can be given

Isle of Stroma

Firstly, I'd like to hold my hands up & apologise unreservedly for my postings over the weekend. I broke my own rule about never posting after having a drink (particularly on contentious issues), not that that excuses my rant in any way.

As to the +/- issue, a major forum that i'm on steers well clear of the '-' aspect of reputation by only allowing positives, which is basically a good idea. Beyond the hardcore membership, you get a good idea of other members input by their relative mediocre '+' scores.

As for awarding karma/reputation, i only award positives anyway. I just don't see the point of me awarding negatives (even when p***ed :-[), cos a quick scan of their posts gives a much more accurate picture of them.

Quote from: NEL111P on July 03, 2012, 10:55:59 PM
Firstly, I'd like to hold my hands up & apologise unreservedly for my postings over the weekend. I broke my own rule about never posting after having a drink (particularly on contentious issues), not that that excuses my rant in any way.

As to the +/- issue, a major forum that i'm on steers well clear of the '-' aspect of reputation by only allowing positives, which is basically a good idea. Beyond the hardcore membership, you get a good idea of other members input by their relative mediocre '+' scores.

As for awarding karma/reputation, i only award positives anyway. I just don't see the point of me awarding negatives (even when p***ed :-[), cos a quick scan of their posts gives a much more accurate picture of them.
Agreed! + Karma resumed!

MW

I think I've got the worst karma, mainly from Sir 4504 and Mr NathanJC.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Michael on July 03, 2012, 11:34:22 PM

i havent given you bad karma for ages  8), so how u got 195 i dont know
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Better to be the best at something bad than being best at nothing!

Stu

Or you could just not care less about karma ratings, like I do. I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what mine are, and I don't even bother looking.  8)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: 4006 on July 04, 2012, 08:11:57 PM

Haha one way to look at it! Nearly at the magic 200!

Quote from: Michael on July 04, 2012, 09:03:04 PM
Quote from: 4006 on July 04, 2012, 08:11:57 PM

Haha one way to look at it! Nearly at the magic 200!
You just peaked!!!! 200 yay!!!!!
500 up next challenge  ;D

jrwxyz

I've never given any karma, but I'd gladly help you out with reaching the 500 (minus)!  ;)

Although, technically you are at -163 overall as you have -201 + 38. I really should rename myself Mr. Pedantic.

Discodave

Quote from: 4006 on July 03, 2012, 10:22:09 PM
Although I disagree with Karma (all be it a bit of fun which personally I do not care what my rating is) along with other on-line stats such as ebay feedback, reviews (which can be the same reviewer reviewing the same s**t firm in a positive manner under a different i.d) I have noticed recently that certain peoples -Karma have been re-set to default
Would anyone agree with me that while the said person/persons can re-set their Karma they can still apply justified/unjustified Karma onto other users? I'm not saying they will...but they could and so I would suggest the same rule should apply to everyone where Karma should not be influenced and once given remain unchanged. Afterall no Karma + or - is justified as it is just an opinion and most I would say is unjustified in any case. Friends will praise friends, enemys revoke enemys!
noticed that myself lots of + and - now nil -tive karma

Discodave

Tony

What has happened to the Karma counter see its altered but how did you work out the new ratings

PM

I think what now shows is the overall karma. Such as mine was +29 and -32 so its now -3

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on September 22, 2012, 03:36:25 PM
If the 'smite' option has also been removed then, presumably, your 'Karma' would only go UP from now on??? :-\

Smite has been replaced by 'not so nice'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk