News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

For Sale

Started by Tony, June 29, 2012, 10:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Apologies, yes just the depot building

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: Winston on November 13, 2012, 12:06:30 AM
To Centrebus by all accounts

Well that's put paid to the secrecy! LOL

I still haven't heard anything official about it though.
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: sconehead85 on November 14, 2012, 09:33:14 AM
Bruce- I wonder if Luton Airport (how can I forget Lorraine Chase, much as I've tried) small bus operation will go with the Northampton sale?  There are four Volvo B7LAs (10180-2, 19031 and B7L 66358.  Perhaps an "airport bus" operator will buy that operation if Arriva are prevented.

sconehead85

Hey mate,

I'm unsure of this, since Luton is just an outstation?? of Northampton then surely it would be included in the sale, Unless first would keep the luton bit for whatever reason (there really isn't a reason to!). I can't see centrebus being interested in that luton operation However I could be very wrong.

Bob

I wonder if Potteries could go? its had a little bit of investment, last new buses were a few 06 plate omnicities and has had some 05 plates b7rle from manchester but by & large its a pretty old tatty fleet.....

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: bob on November 16, 2012, 06:46:12 AM
I wonder if Potteries could go? its had a little bit of investment, last new buses were a few 06 plate omnicities and has had some 05 plates b7rle from manchester but by & large its a pretty old tatty fleet.....

Again, depends on profit margins as others have said.

Potteries in my eyes is a half and half area, potentially they could get rid of it or they might keep it as it probably wouldn't take much to make it better anyway.

jc

Potteries has been having a lot of vehicles moved in, Former Veolia Solos, Former London Caetanos as well as the Volvo B7TLs, they have been replacing quite a lot of buses of late.

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: jc on November 16, 2012, 08:19:13 PM
.... as well as the Volvo B7TLs...

some of which were exchanged with Leicester, we gained a single decker!

jc

32639 has shown up at Newcastle under lyme.

Bob

Yea but the london caetanos are 9 yrs old and the b7tls 8 yrs old hardly impressive if thats the best they can do! majority of fleet is R to X reg Scanias and Darts/Solos of the same vintage. Look how many deckers theyve got rid of over the years and replaced with a mish mash of midibus upwards S/Ds hardly conducive to success

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: jc on November 16, 2012, 08:43:20 PM

Another one of ours....

Somethings going on, if we have sent 5 deckers and only had 1 single in return something is up there.... I wonder if first are planning to cut a route in Leicester....

winston

Quote from: Bruce_LOA400X on November 16, 2012, 09:01:38 PM
Quote from: jc on November 16, 2012, 08:43:20 PM

Another one of ours....

Somethings going on, if we have sent 5 deckers and only had 1 single in return something is up there.... I wonder if first are planning to cut a route in Leicester....

Or even sell Leicester, none of the fleet have received the new colours as yet.....

Bruce_LOA400X

again relating to what someone else said.

they will probably retain Leicester for the moment... perhaps Leicester is to become another Northampton

sconehead85

Stoke and Leicester are  tough ones to sell because Stagecoach cant buy everything First sell, and Arriva wouldn't be allowed to buy them either.  Go-Ahead are unlikely to go for Midlands companies , and Rotala burnt their fingers with Preston Bus.  Stoke and Leicester will remain with First IMHO.

sconehead85

Bruce_LOA400X

Quote from: sconehead85 on November 17, 2012, 12:05:48 AM
Stoke and Leicester are  tough ones to sell because Stagecoach cant buy everything First sell, and Arriva wouldn't be allowed to buy them either.  Go-Ahead are unlikely to go for Midlands companies , and Rotala burnt their fingers with Preston Bus.  Stoke and Leicester will remain with First IMHO.

sconehead85

the only other way things could work is First winding down what they are doing, like deregistering routes and the like, thus letting the other operators in. what about NX? they might be interested?

winston

Quote from: sconehead85 on November 17, 2012, 12:05:48 AM

sconehead85

Don't forget NX, they seem to be featuring in a number of the rumours floating around....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk