News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus Man K2

Quote from: igogeneral on January 23, 2021, 12:11:51 AM
Sorry not sure what you mean as just checked and all our bus services including 318 are linked to the site. Not really sure what you mean by "not paying into the TfWM site" either ?

@igogeneral

What I mean is you don't pay into the TfWM scheme for them to produce a printed timetable.. Yes all the links do work from your site to the WMN (TfWM) site. I hope this is more clear for you to answer the question that I asked in my previous post!!! 😁

igogeneral

Thanks Bus Man. I have to be very honest with you, I did not know that TfWM still produced printed timetables but I take it from your post they do. However as all our services are operated as tendered services to either TfWM, mainly, or Worcester CC I would have thought it would be their job to print the timetables at their expense, if they felt there was a need, in order to promote their supported services. I will make further enquiries.

However we have no plans to produce our our timetables, other than those on line, but will provide printed copies on requested from users.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: igogeneral on January 23, 2021, 03:14:54 PM
Thanks Bus Man. I have to be very honest with you, I did not know that TfWM still produced printed timetables but I take it from your post they do. However as all our services are operated as tendered services to either TfWM, mainly, or Worcester CC I would have thought it would be their job to print the timetables at their expense, if they felt there was a need, in order to promote their supported services. I will make further enquiries.

However we have no plans to produce our our timetables, other than those on line, but will provide printed copies on requested from users.

Hi @igogeneral

You have to fisacally sign up to their scheme to have them produce timetables for your services  eventhough they are tendered services... So I assume because you haven't that's why they have discontinued the production of the 318.

They haven't recently due to the amount of changes due to Covid but as far as I know they are going to start producing timetable again from Easter onwards. That's why I'm posting on different topics on here as I an constantly looking at the area maps and their timetables to make sure  both maps are correct

Stu

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 23, 2021, 03:30:17 PM
That's why I'm posting on different topics on here as I an constantly looking at the area maps and their timetables to make sure  both maps are correct

I would prefer you kept all this in the one topic otherwise you will end up taking over the forum.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on January 23, 2021, 03:52:51 PM
I would prefer you kept all this in the one topic otherwise you will end up taking over the forum.

IHi @Stu

I was only replying to the post from @igogeneral which was in this topic and in response to my post about timetable and production.. Yes I know I would have like to keep it in the one topic but I was just replying to @igogeneral.

P. s. if you want to move any of these last posts into the right topic I wouldn't stop yuo and/or want to take over the forum!! 😁

mikestone

Quote from: igogeneral on January 23, 2021, 03:14:54 PM

If Worcestershire have produced any printed timetables for tendered routes in recent years, they've always kept them well hidden

Bus Man K2

Quote from: mikestone on January 23, 2021, 05:19:42 PM
If Worcestershire have produced any printed timetables for tendered routes in recent years, they've always kept them well hidden

Worcestershire never used to produce any timetables to my knowledge!! 😁 It was always TfWM  or just down to the operator to produce them...

D10

When I moved to Worcestershire in 2001 Worcestershire used to print several booklets covering all services within a particular local area, e.g. Worcester City, Wyre Forest etc. which you could buy for about 20p. These didn't last much longer after this and I remember querying this with the Passenger Transport Team at the time and they said that because the major operator in the area (i.e. First) was making service changes so often they couldn't keep them up to date.

Of course First, Whittles and some other operators used to produce their own publicity anyway so WCC did produce leaflets for tendered services for a couple of years afterwards, but don't ask me when they stopped doing this, it was definitely several years ago!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: D10 on January 23, 2021, 09:26:18 PM
When I moved to Worcestershire in 2001 Worcestershire used to print several booklets covering all services within a particular local area, e.g. Worcester City, Wyre Forest etc. which you could buy for about 20p. These didn't last much longer after this and I remember querying this with the Passenger Transport Team at the time and they said that because the major operator in the area (i.e. First) was making service changes so often they couldn't keep them up to date.

Of course First, Whittles and some other operators used to produce their own publicity anyway so WCC did produce leaflets for tendered services for a couple of years afterwards, but don't ask me when they stopped doing this, it was definitely several years ago!

Hi @D10

I didn't start collect timetables until 2008 so WCC must have stopped producing the booklets sometime before then.... 😁 This is what I'm saying, as the mojority of operators produce their own timetables there is no point in having two copies of the same timetable (once both have been updated). 😁  So if Kevs were to produce their own timetable but also siging up to the TfWM scheme then there would be waisting money on both things..As they aren't producing their own they might want to sign up to a scheme.. 😁

igogeneral

New Enviro 200 pictured on first day of service at Longbridge station. Another commitment to the future from KEVSbus

fleetline6477

Great to see this continuing investment and growth of Kev's.

mesub

23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: fleetline6477 on May 01, 2021, 08:04:35 PM
Great to see this continuing investment and growth of Kev's.

Interestingly given as fleet number 20 on  the Bustimes tracker. [ Although this site "can" be inaccurate at times. ]

Maybe it should be 201 ? Or as it is 20 it may appear more often on other routes outside the TWM area ?

What ever the reason , I may be being picky , but well done Kevs on further investment.

igogeneral

At the moment we do not employ fleet numbers so I suppose 20 is the number of vehicles we have fitted with Ticketer

gc802002

Hi Igogeneral,

Would you possibly be able to supply a timetable for the 19 in either Excel or PDF?

Thank you in Advance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk