News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Quote from: KayP on March 29, 2012, 12:24:46 AM
I'm sure they're only 3 years old than the ALXs and gems at coventry + they did get refurbed

Quote from: winston on March 26, 2012, 11:43:18 PM
I think that's a complete non starter, as I'm sure Coventry signed up to some quality partnership scheme and therefore doubt they'll be able to transfer out newer buses on mass to be replaced by 12/13 yr old Presidents. I'm sure the good people of Coventry would be really impressed, not....

Basically it comes back to the point that NXWM do not have sufficient Euro 2 & above double deckers, Birmingham may well benefit from newer buses, as a result of the quality partnership scheme being introduced within the City Centre, but this will be at the expense of other areas which will have newer vehicles transferred out to be replaced by 12/13 year old Presidents. The Presidents have been heavily refurbished, but this was back in 2007/2008.

Quote from: Ash on March 26, 2012, 11:19:52 PM
Leaves the enviro's for the 21 and other routes when spare and the presidents for the rest of the double decker routes, coventry hasn't been mentioned as a possible solution so thought i would mention it, suprised someone thought it may be a good idea was expecting loads of negative comments :(
Quote from: KayP on March 26, 2012, 07:08:24 PM
That's actually a great idea
All BC, and the major of WB, and a few AG presidents > CV
CV tridents > BC
CV geminis > AG
CV ALXs > WB

Quote from: Ash on March 26, 2012, 01:55:14 AM
Do the gemini's/alx400 have similar controls to the presidents meaning not much type training is needed if at all due to them both being volvo. Or are they completely different just that certain garages operate all three types of vehicles or at least 2 and not tridents or enviro 400. (WB,PB and AG). If so it wouldnt take much type training if at all, if the presidents returned to Walsall. This would be a huge task but transfer the tridents at Coventry to BC and replace them with the presidents from BC as the red would be changed to sky blue and vice versa so could be quite easily repainted and training on the vehicles would have to be learnt just as if they went to Wolverhampton.

Also another WB route that may need newer buses is the 89 as it's operated by mercs at the moment.

uniquicity

Quote from: Ash on March 29, 2012, 06:25:20 PM
Also another WB route that may need newer buses is the 89 as it's operated by mercs at the moment.

I'm guessing that will get 5 Scanias from from somewhere, probably BC if they receive most of the 31 remaining B7RLEs.

Stu

Or they could just get a few more Geminis and upgrade it to double-deck operation instead.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

uniquicity

From what I've seen the loadings don't justify deckers. We'll see.

MW

Quote from: Stu on March 28, 2012, 08:31:54 PM
Quote72 is in the process of receiving Eclipse2s

AG haven't used double-decks on the 72 for sometime, and would be impossible I believe because of a low-bridge.

And don't forget they also operate the double-deck 966 (Solihull - Erdington, via Airport), which can use Presidents as this route doesn't serve the city centre.

Otherwise I like your plan, its not far off embellishing what I suggested previously.  ;)

Yes they have used them on the 72, on rare occasions. They can fit on the 72, but because it interworks the 71, they don't use them. Some peak journeys don't interwork the 71, and those are the ones that can be operated with deckers. (According to Mr T)

MW

And don't forget they also operate the double-deck 966 (Solihull - Erdington, via Airport), which can use Presidents as this route doesn't serve the city centre.

Yes, but Presidents on the 966 are kinda s*** :)

You can use them on the 966 yeah, if they don't blow up on the way as it's a pretty long route, with long roads to drive at speed unlike the 11 which is mainly stop start traffic.

MW

Quote from: westbromdepot on March 29, 2012, 02:16:46 AM
Michael:

AG have only 10 45** left (4513, 4517, 4518, 4519, 4520, 4521, 4522, 4529, 4530 and 4532).

If you gave 13 Geminis (by including 3 extra 46**) to WB they would have 79 ALX400 and Geminis.

The total PVR of the 74/75/80/82/87/127/128 is 75, leaving 4 spare in this case.

This isn't enough. It would leave spare capacity at 5.33%. They would need 9 spare to be at the usual level of 12%.

I'm going on Mr Hunters fleet list. Lets just say my changes apply a few weeks ago in the past then, when there was 13 Geminis at AG.

I agree about the presidents on the 966,  would love to see it return to being operated by Tridents or even Enviro's. I think the tridents are much better buses, but I'm guessing that will never happen at AG. Glad the gemini's are moving out though, especually the 45** fleet numbers.

KayP

I agree with you, it's my local route, but WB only have mercs, B6s and dart singles, the B6s are being withdrawn, darts are too small and WB aren't getting any new buses this year to my knowledge

Quote from: Ash on March 29, 2012, 06:25:20 PM
Quote from: KayP on March 29, 2012, 12:24:46 AM
I'm sure they're only 3 years old than the ALXs and gems at coventry + they did get refurbed

Quote from: winston on March 26, 2012, 11:43:18 PM
I think that's a complete non starter, as I'm sure Coventry signed up to some quality partnership scheme and therefore doubt they'll be able to transfer out newer buses on mass to be replaced by 12/13 yr old Presidents. I'm sure the good people of Coventry would be really impressed, not....

Basically it comes back to the point that NXWM do not have sufficient Euro 2 & above double deckers, Birmingham may well benefit from newer buses, as a result of the quality partnership scheme being introduced within the City Centre, but this will be at the expense of other areas which will have newer vehicles transferred out to be replaced by 12/13 year old Presidents. The Presidents have been heavily refurbished, but this was back in 2007/2008.

Quote from: Ash on March 26, 2012, 11:19:52 PM
Leaves the enviro's for the 21 and other routes when spare and the presidents for the rest of the double decker routes, coventry hasn't been mentioned as a possible solution so thought i would mention it, suprised someone thought it may be a good idea was expecting loads of negative comments :(
Quote from: KayP on March 26, 2012, 07:08:24 PM
That's actually a great idea
All BC, and the major of WB, and a few AG presidents > CV
CV tridents > BC
CV geminis > AG
CV ALXs > WB

Quote from: Ash on March 26, 2012, 01:55:14 AM
Do the gemini's/alx400 have similar controls to the presidents meaning not much type training is needed if at all due to them both being volvo. Or are they completely different just that certain garages operate all three types of vehicles or at least 2 and not tridents or enviro 400. (WB,PB and AG). If so it wouldnt take much type training if at all, if the presidents returned to Walsall. This would be a huge task but transfer the tridents at Coventry to BC and replace them with the presidents from BC as the red would be changed to sky blue and vice versa so could be quite easily repainted and training on the vehicles would have to be learnt just as if they went to Wolverhampton.

KayP

That could happen, but it's not busy enough for doubles

Quote from: Stu on March 29, 2012, 07:43:48 PM
Or they could just get a few more Geminis and upgrade it to double-deck operation instead.

KayP

Couldn't they do a swap with YW for another route, or transfer WA tridents to YW then transfer the 966, to solve your problem. I personally like the 966 with presidents.

Quote from: Michael on March 29, 2012, 08:19:22 PM

Yes, but Presidents on the 966 are kinda s*** :)

You can use them on the 966 yeah, if they don't blow up on the way as it's a pretty long route, with long roads to drive at speed unlike the 11 which is mainly stop start traffic.

Rob H

Another PB Gemini has moved to WB it's 4509 spotted it on the 75 today ;)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

makkacdt

When do west brom ever get new buses.....sighhhhhhhh

And when we do, walsall nick them ;)

Wouldnt mind a 10 min bus service....

Nathan4775

the 529 is WA operated.

If the Plaxtons were to go anywere they should move them to YW to use on the 18/49/76/50.

I like the 966 with Plaxton Presidents although the 966 would look better with the new B7RLE'S or Ominilinks but saying that is there any part of that route between Erdington & Birmingham Airport where an ominilink wouldnt be able to get through. I only travel on the 966 between International Airport & Solihull

I Havent notcied the 71/72 interworking before but to be honest i dont pay much attention to that route in Solihull.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Bromwich would look good with Enviro400's using them on the 74/75/451  ;D
For example if YW got some Plaxton Presidents from WB they could swap say 4 Plaxtons for 4 Enviro400's that would be amazing if that actully happend.
I think Plaxtons Would look good at Perry Barr for the 934/A and the Sutton Lines routes like before. But if PB got any plaxtons that they wont but if they did they would be placed upon the Sutton Line Routes (902/904/905/914/915/115) like in the past

if the garages were to get Plaxtons from BC/AG this is how I think they would be used;
AG - Have them already on the 31/A and 37 (PEAK TIMES)
BC - used solo on the 61/63
BY - The 55 at peak times as that gets overcrouded
PB - Sutton Lines (They wont get them neither)
PE - Wouldnt get that type of bus I wouldnt imagine
WA - 51/935 (They probally wont be going there)
WN - I dont think they would get any to be fair but if they did then the 126
WB - 451/74/75 sometimes the 82/87
YW - 2/3/18/49/49A/76 & rare working on the 50

Not that theres being any talk about Plaxtons going to any other garages Im just talking out loud
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

We already covered this already in this topic, if the Plaxton Presidents are to transfer anywhere, it would be for routes that don't serve Birmingham city centre, as after Summer 2012 when the new emissions requirements for public transport vehicles come into force, the Presidents will be unsuitable.

BC have been sending Presidents to AG, and WB have been swapping their Presidents for AG's Geminis.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk