News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

mikestone

Just picked up Chase Line, TV and Liverpool - Birmingham timetables. Presumably they go to the printers electronically, possibly even as pdf s so it beggars belief they aren't on the website.
Something that hadn't occured to me was that it introduces first class to the Chase Line  - good luck policing that!

Trident 4194

Quote from: mikestone on April 18, 2019, 07:15:44 PM
Just picked up Chase Line, TV and Liverpool - Birmingham timetables. Presumably they go to the printers electronically, possibly even as pdf s so it beggars belief they aren't on the website.
Something that hadn't occured to me was that it introduces first class to the Chase Line  - good luck policing that!

LNWM first class is far from luxurious. Literally just a seat cushion that says first class is the only difference?

Tony

The first class 230 is still timetabled to enter service next Tuesday. The other diagram should still be a class 153

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on April 18, 2019, 07:15:44 PM

Where did you get those from ?  Walsall?

Bob

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 18, 2019, 07:30:50 PM
LNWM first class is far from luxurious. Literally just a seat cushion that says first class is the only difference?

Plug sockets too

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 18, 2019, 07:30:50 PM

And plug ports? Extra seat room? I'd rather spend a 3 hour journey to London in there then in standard class (especially on the /2s), questionable whether it's actually worth paying extra for though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

mikestone

Quote from: Westy on April 18, 2019, 09:52:07 PM
Where did you get those from ?  Walsall?
;
No, Stafford.
I didn't realise that was what they were at first as they were lying on the base of the stand with the current editions one on. Strangely the EMT Derby-Crewe leaflet was also on display at Crewe unmarked, making me wonder if they have come from the printers embargoed and they forget to tell other TOCs not to display them.
;
At Nuneaton there was an A5 notice with a summary of changes, but as with the banners posted at Trent Valley stations for a couple of months  they were only really appropriate for station south of Rugby.

mikestone

Cl.230 entered service on one diagram today.

mikestone

While on a trip to sample a Cl.230 picked up a Euston-Northampton leaflet, which revealed almost all weekend services will be eight cars. It appears Rugeley trains detach at New St to reattach on the up,  and Liverpool trains  will be eight cars throughout.

mikestone

350368 reportedly seen at Rugeley Town yesterday.

4369Beast

Trains are screwed between  Birmingham International and Coventry due to a broken down train which will lead to the X1's being screwed up.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/220502.aspx

mikestone

Not convinced the NR reason was correct - a special from Northampton in place of a failure further south was showing at Berkswell, with the next two berths showing **** and according to RTT the preceding train got to New Street.

JoNi

New downloadable May 2019 timetables now available on Network Rail website. 40mb!
https://cdn.networkrail.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/May-2019-Timetable-separate-PDFs.zip

Tony

350123 is almost in 'retro' livery. looking very similar to how it did when first delivered to Silverlink

http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/class350/350123.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk