News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva - Unusual Workings

Started by Administration, June 27, 2012, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Bob

What I mean by earliest comment is that whilst it remains allowed to use them arriva are perfectly within their rights to use them passengers cant demand otherwise

arrivadays

@bob Still - what if somebody had one of those big, bulky buggies you can't fold up... Let's say, a double buggy? How do you expect to fold that? In addition, like I said, where will you put the buggy that you fold up (if you can) on an ELC Scania? And before you say on the seat, what if its wheels are wet and muddy? Step buses won't be comfier then when you've got a muddy / wet arse? Am I right?

In addition, on the floor wouldn't work - where are your legs going to go? In the aisle - have you read the signs saying "Don't obstruct the aisle"? And you've got to remember that Telford had a Merc minibus on the 55 yonks ago - I remember seeing it. Yes, it's gone - but still - that situation may come around again.

And, if knowledge serves me right, I believe its 2014, not 2015, when you have to get rid of these step buses.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

PM

Quote from: arrivadays on August 21, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

@bob Still - what if somebody had one of those big, bulky buggies you can't fold up... Let's say, a double buggy? How do you expect to fold that? In addition, like I said, where will you put the buggy that you fold up (if you can) on an ELC Scania? And before you say on the seat, what if its wheels are wet and muddy? Step buses won't be comfier then when you've got a muddy / wet arse? Am I right?

In addition, on the floor wouldn't work - where are your legs going to go? In the aisle - have you read the signs saying "Don't obstruct the aisle"? And you've got to remember that Telford had a Merc minibus on the 55 yonks ago - I remember seeing it. Yes, it's gone - but still - that situation may come around again.

And, if knowledge serves me right, I believe its 2014, not 2015, when you have to get rid of these step buses.

Thats their fault then u cant expect buses to hold buggies that are massive Im sorry but folding up a small pram is hardly a major problem really its what used to happen not long ago and to be honest the occasional step entrance appearance would work wonders on the bristol road in discouraging people from taking prams with their many children on the bus and blocking it up and step entrance buses are comfier. By definition, they are higher up so offer better views and comfort as opposed to an alx 400 where u can scarcely see out the windows-its like being in the bottom of a ship.

Nathan4775

My Flickr;

Trident 4609

4796 and i think 4804 on the 10 today with 4851 on the 334 and 4854 on the 19

Haven't noticed an Optare Solo on Lyndale Circular 18 for ages. Over the past few weeks its had an S-YOG and 2208 full size Plaxton Pointer darts and the W-SNR Full size ALX200 dart and also a load of MPD's (Mainy Y-HKE's)

Trident 4609

Quote from: Nathan on August 21, 2013, 09:04:29 PM
Sainsburys Branded bus - 35 today
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/9562807583/in/photostream/

Not that odd. Usually spends most day on any service. Was on the 57 the other day

Bob

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 21, 2013, 09:03:08 PM

Thats their fault then u cant expect buses to hold buggies that are massive Im sorry but folding up a small pram is hardly a major problem really its what used to happen not long ago and to be honest the occasional step entrance appearance would work wonders on the bristol road in discouraging people from taking prams with their many children on the bus and blocking it up and step entrance buses are comfier. By definition, they are higher up so offer better views and comfort as opposed to an alx 400 where u can scarcely see out the windows-its like being in the bottom of a ship.

Agreed! And its a pain in the arse waiting while the mothers ( usually pramface chavs in my hometown! ) faff and fanny about shifting the bloody huge monstrosities into position!  And its a nightmare when the bus is packed and 3 or 4 people have to get up and stand just so a pushchair can get on. I definitely agree about feeling low down as well

Nathan4775

Quote from: Trident 4609 on August 21, 2013, 09:08:47 PM
Quote from: Nathan on August 21, 2013, 09:04:29 PM
Sainsburys Branded bus - 35 today
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/9562807583/in/photostream/

Not that odd. Usually spends most day on any service. Was on the 57 the other day

Fair Enough, not seen this bus before, but by the advert I thought it was unusual
My Flickr;

arrivadays

Quote from: DiamondDart on August 21, 2013, 09:03:08 PM

I'm sorry - but what if your child doesn't walk? How do you expect them to climb up some steps. Yes, there's only 3, at most, but still, THEY CAN'T WALK! And "folding up a small pram is hardly a major problem" - you're all bloody moaning that the bus is always late, and that's because you've got many people taking 2-5 minutes folding up a buggy for the benefit of people on a bus causing inconvenience to the remainder of passengers on the route. In addition, if you have a child that can't stand up, you will have to struggle folding up a buggy with one hand. I'm not saying it can't be done - but it's difficult. Although, in fairness,

In addition - let's put it into perspective. Imagine you want to get a train. You're on a step-entry bus. Along the way to the train station, you've got about 2-3 mothers/fathers with buggies but can't get on due to steps. The route you're using only goes every TWO hours. You wouldn't wait for the next bus, would you? A two hour wait? Get real. So, that means, it's going to take about 2-5 minutes to fold up. So - we've said 2-3 parents getting on with buggies. 2-5 minute job multiplied by 2-3 parents is equal to a lateness of 4-15 minute lateness. You're late - now you've missed your train.

So - can you see where I'm coming from? Obviously you care for nobody but yourself. Yes, step buses are nice, but times are changing - lots of mothers are getting "fertility treatment" should we say, and therefore, low-floor buses with buggy bays are needed more.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Quote from: arrivadays on August 21, 2013, 09:21:20 PM
@bob - "pramface chavs" is stereotypical. I'm sorry, but I, as well as many other members of this forum, are getting fed up of your selfishness, your crudeness, and your general moaning. I may be moaning now - but I'm sure I've never moaned as much as you.

Stereotypical? Youve obviously never been to chadsmoor lol. Jesus lighten up you sound like some loony leftie. With all the timings you wrote above, 2mins for this 4 for that etc, what do u base that on? Buses didnt run late on every journey years ago mate?

the trainbasher

I am against ANY pushchair being unfolded with the little baby sitting in it on a bus. The bay is initially for wheelchairs and extra seating...not pushchairs with (where I live anyway) the little chavvy teenage moms with their baby from 1 of 145 blokes that they have slept with.

There should be a law against the buggies being unfolded on ALL buses...not just non SLF stuff.

I am fed up of having my legs whacked with the pushchair and shopping multiple times whilst I am traveling to and from work/shops/day out (delete as appropriate).

Then there is the ones with the little **** running around the bus whilst the buggy is filled up with shopping (booze, fags, other items) which really annoy me!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Several comments have been deleted from this topic under the rule - no mention of buses! Some are close to personal abuse and any personal abuse will result in a ban

andy

People need to remember that step free buses were only brought about to create accesible transport for wheelchair users and people with mobility issues. The carriage of buggies was a sideshow created by idiotic marketeers that had never travelled on or driven a bus.

I am with Bob, Diamond Dart and the other anti buggy brigade on this one.  Passengers do not have a right to expect a bus that they can wheel a buggy onto, it is a bonus that is not lways available.

andy

If you look closely at Tony's latest photo of 3417 in Wolverhampton, you can see a folded up pushchair in the luggage rack! Almost as rare a sight as this great bus, the last of its batch to survive....hope it goes on a while yet....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk