News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Arriva - Unusual Workings

Started by Administration, June 27, 2012, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

2200 Bus

Quote from: nx4737 on November 23, 2012, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 05:05:19 PM
Has it been resprayed because it needed it or resprayed for a reason, it just comes accross as wierd that 3800 is the only 1 mentioned to of been resprayed

Only thing I can think of is it's being branded for the 112... But I'm sure 2200 Bus can inform us all...

All "city linx" branded Scania including 3800 are having the City linx branding removed, they will still remain the same standard Arriva livery, it's to make it look better for when they are used on the Lichfield and Nuneaton runs and the locals on a Sunday.

arrivaaston

Think they would be better that way to be honest, I used to be confused when burton did the 112 with the scanias and they had the 'City Linx' branding on them

derningtona

They seem to have been used indiscriminately with the unbranded ones ever since they were new.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

andy

The ever demanding folk of Tamworth are not happy with their new Citaros, letters in the local rag complaining about lack of buggy space and uncomfortable buses.

There is a whole generation of people out there now who think a bus is there to transport babies around in colossal moon hoppers and that it is their god given right to shift everyone else out of the way for their ridiculous contraption and it's precious cargo...

Personally one buggy space is too many for me!

Bob

Bob

Presumably the legroom cant be any worse than a B6? Surely?

PM

Quote from: andy on November 23, 2012, 09:52:39 PM
The ever demanding folk of Tamworth are not happy with their new Citaros, letters in the local rag complaining about lack of buggy space and uncomfortable buses.

There is a whole generation of people out there now who think a bus is there to transport babies around in colossal moon hoppers and that it is their god given right to shift everyone else out of the way for their ridiculous contraption and it's precious cargo...

Personally one buggy space is too many for me!

Agree with Andy. The number of times I see elderly people struggling down the length of a bus like a trident as all the buggy seats are occupied by parents with more kids than you can imagine. No, I say bring back step entry buses which were/are comfier. Then we wouldnt have the lack of seating issue although i accept that some of the newer low floor buses have seats nearer the front. It would be tempting I think to stick a volvo citybus on a buggy route to teach people a lesson.  ;)Unfortunately, it means that metrobuses, fleetlines, citybuses etc will be confined to preservation

arrivaaston

I do agree to a point about the prams but on the other hand I've had to use buses where I've go on with a pram, the thing that annoyed me was when an old lady got and asked if I could fold the pram down so she could sit there with her shopping trolley, surely there worse, the passengers with the shopping trollies

nx4737

Quote from: 2200 Bus on November 23, 2012, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: nx4737 on November 23, 2012, 05:14:48 PM
Quote from: arrivaaston on November 23, 2012, 05:05:19 PM
Has it been resprayed because it needed it or resprayed for a reason, it just comes accross as wierd that 3800 is the only 1 mentioned to of been resprayed

Only thing I can think of is it's being branded for the 112... But I'm sure 2200 Bus can inform us all...

All "city linx" branded Scania including 3800 are having the City linx branding removed, they will still remain the same standard Arriva livery, it's to make it look better for when they are used on the Lichfield and Nuneaton runs and the locals on a Sunday.

Ah, the big secret is finally revealed!

Good, it makes sense to remove it, they're more often than not on different routes anyway.

derningtona

3013 on the 15.35 110 to Birmingham. Probably normal with the Sunday interworking.

nx4737

Quote from: derningtona on November 25, 2012, 05:44:19 PM
3013 on the 15.35 110 to Birmingham. Probably normal with the Sunday interworking.

I'll check this Sunday, but normally it's a mix of Geminis and OmniLinks, but B6s used to end up on the 110 on Sundays, so Mercs wouldn't be a shock.

derningtona

I've just seen 2616 on the 5 - hot on  the heels of a Merc. 17.40 into Town.

arrivaaston

Is it normal for b6's, omnilinks and mercs to work the 110 or is it because cannock have 4207?

John

Quote from: arrivaaston on December 07, 2012, 06:17:47 PM
Is it normal for b6's, omnilinks and mercs to work the 110 or is it because cannock have 4207?

No, but I would call it an occasional working rather than a rare working

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk