News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Scania N94U's (6022-6032)

Started by YN64AOG, August 06, 2017, 10:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YN64AOG

On the main page these are listed as reserves but they haven't been out of depot for years.  Have they been withdrawn?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Dom

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 06, 2017, 10:15:53 AM
On the main page these are listed as reserves but they haven't been out of depot for years.  Have they been withdrawn?

Obviously not otherwise they'd be listed as withdrawn.

Jack

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 06, 2017, 10:15:53 AM
Don't get excited. They've only been in reserve for 2 years not 'years'.

Ronnoc

Tony mentioned that they get started up every month to check everything works.

YN64AOG

Quote from: Ronnoc on August 06, 2017, 11:25:33 AM
Tony mentioned that they get started up every month to check everything works.

So they might be brought back into use?

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

winston

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 06, 2017, 05:59:43 PM

Highly unlikely, they were withdrawn & placed in the reserve fleet due to being unreliable, heavy on fuel & Euro 3 which is no longer permitted within Birmingham City Centre

Jack

Quote from: YN64AOG on August 06, 2017, 05:59:43 PM
They could only be suitable for the 67 if they came back. Doubt it now anyway. They aren't compliant for the City anymore.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on August 06, 2017, 06:08:17 PM
Highly unlikely, they were withdrawn & placed in the reserve fleet due to being unreliable, heavy on fuel & Euro 3 which is no longer permitted within Birmingham City Centre

I suppose they have a very low sale price too

DJ

Quote from: Jack B on August 06, 2017, 06:12:42 PM
They could only be suitable for the 67 if they came back. Doubt it now anyway. They aren't compliant for the City anymore.

Could they even work the 67 now since that terminates in the city centre? I thought they wouldn't be allowed due to being Euro 3.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Trident 4194

Quote from: DJ98 on August 06, 2017, 07:21:18 PM
Could they even work the 67 now since that terminates in the city centre? I thought they wouldn't be allowed due to being Euro 3.

They wouldn't be allowed in the current state, would have to be used on outer City routes if ever needed. 11A/11C anyone 😉

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 06, 2017, 07:15:22 PM
I suppose they have a very low sale price too

Yes, very low. As there aren't exactly a queue of operators wanting to acquire 13 years old Bendi's

mranon

wouldn't certain bits be useable on the other scanias

Jack

Quote from: mranon on August 06, 2017, 08:54:22 PM
wouldn't certain bits be useable on the other scanias
I can see them going to PVS in about 3 years. They were sheds. Slow and unreliable.

Sayeed

I wonder if Middle East countries have interests in them or universities in Cyprus?
Век живи - век учись

Ronnoc

There is a high chance that it may just end up in scrap sooner or later. I don't think any other operators or countries want them and they have been sitting in the same spot for a long time now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk