News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bendies on the 4

Started by Isobel6725, June 03, 2017, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventry Transport Dude

"NO WAY" ?????  "RIGHT JoNi, I'M ON MY WAY DOWN, RIGHT NOW" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol.

Sandy Lane

One of the 4 bendies at the garage has gone and a truck is preparing to take another away right now.

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 12, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
One of the 4 bendies at the garage has gone and a truck is preparing to take another away right now.

Tony did mention they might hold onto one for a possible preservationist bid, but whether that actually happens is another thing! Who'd want to own one of those enormous and complex things. That sounds like PVS doing a pick-up for scrap.

Tony

They're going away to be prepared for a return to use at another garage

Stu

Quote from: Tony on June 12, 2018, 05:51:33 PM
They're going away to be prepared for a return to use at another garage

Ooh haha, now you're teasing us! Before the inevitable speculation, might I guess its not going to be to any of the West Midlands or Dundee garages?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on June 12, 2018, 06:44:04 PM
Ooh haha, now you're teasing us! Before the inevitable speculation, might I guess its not going to be to any of the West Midlands or Dundee garages?  :D

Stansted garage would seem the most logical

paulb1973

They might need a bit of a wash and spruce up first.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Winston on June 12, 2018, 07:38:11 PM
Stansted garage would seem the most logical

Seen a comment by a NX employee on Facebook 'Start Hill for the car parks at Stansted.'

winston

Quote from: P419 EJW on June 12, 2018, 08:23:39 PM
Seen a comment by a NX employee on Facebook 'Start Hill for the car parks at Stansted.'

They are one Bendi down which self combusted not so long ago in front of the terminal building. At least they will be around longer and saved from the scrappy's cutting torch....

Coventry Transport Dude

Did anyone manage to get a photo at all of the Stanstead bound Bendibuses leaving Wheatley Street Garage last week (on the back of a low-loader !), as i've not come across any photo's of them at all yet ??? (Maybe just that none were actually taken ?).

Coventry Transport Dude

I've just seen a photo on Facebook of former Coventry Bendibus 6015, which was taken today (14/9/18) and shows it being driven Northbound on the M1 Motorway in Leicestershire.  It had a Trade Plate on display in its Windscreen, which was registered: 171 DU,  but i wonder if anyone knows or has heard at all, where it might have been heading to ?  Was horrified to read a post below the photo, that said it was off up to "PVS"s yard to be scrapped, but hopefully that was just a guess on the posters part there and not 100% correct information ???

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on September 14, 2018, 11:03:52 PM
I've just seen a photo on Facebook of former Coventry Bendibus 6015, which was taken today (14/9/18) and shows it being driven Northbound on the M1 Motorway in Leicestershire.  It had a Trade Plate on display in its Windscreen, which was registered: 171 DU,  but i wonder if anyone knows or has heard at all, where it might have been heading to ?  Was horrified to read a post below the photo, that said it was off up to "PVS"s yard to be scrapped, but hopefully that was just a guess on the posters part there and not 100% correct information ???
Do you have a link bye any chance

37351ml

6 months today since the last run.

Sandy Lane

3 years on - Are there any bendies left in the uk?

CL

Quote from: Sandy Lane on September 04, 2021, 10:15:18 PM
3 years on - Are there any bendies left in the uk?
Aberdeen, Brighton, and Cardiff springs to mind.. York has a handful on their Park & Ride services.

Still plenty dotted around the UK airports as well; notably, fairly recent 20-plates at with NX at Stansted (SC01-21) - http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/SC01-99.html
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk