News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South West Birmingham Review

Started by sonic84, February 23, 2017, 07:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 15, 2017, 01:27:57 PM
And nx is as bad. If claribels see a potential to ACHIEVE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION then what's wrong with it? No doubt if it doesn't work out they will go back to old routes. At the end of the days nx brought this on themselves by changing routes. If no change  occured then would Claribels have changed? No

What have they brought on to themselves?

To all the people bitching about these changes, I really don't understand your bitchiness.

As I've said before, NX is a business. They've seen a way to either
a)lower operating costs
b)increase revenue

That's what business is. It's a free market, is it not? If these changes are actually affecting anyone, I'm sure TfWM or whatever they're called these days will begin some sort of subsidised service. And if they don't, then people are moaning for the sake of it.

As for Claribels, you do exactly the same. It's business.

MasterPlan

Quote from: B.C Driver on May 15, 2017, 12:28:19 PM
I would like to see some form of the 62 reincarnated.
The passengers from Longbridge Island to Rednal could do with a direct route to City and Selly Oak. Since part of the Rover site has been demolished theres a lot of new housing along there now.

The X61 needs its frequency increasing during peak times, every 15 mins isnt good enough, the route in City itself is good, but is let down by the ammount of traffic lights the route has to negotiate, and isnt helped by poor traffic light management and pedestrian lights that change unnecessary regardless of being pressed. The X61 needs to display 'Limited stop' too.

When the Bristol Road express service was first mentioned I thought they were going to do an X62 then alongside the 61 and 63. Maybe they should've done.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 15, 2017, 01:27:57 PM
And nx is as bad. If claribels see a potential to ACHIEVE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION then what's wrong with it? No doubt if it doesn't work out they will go back to old routes. At the end of the days nx brought this on themselves by changing routes. If no change  occured then would Claribels have changed? No
L

What on earth are you on about? Claribels have removed buses from the same area as NX and running tendered journies instead, can't just swap back at will

Kevin

Regards the Bristol Road, it does seem the 63s could do with a bit of help so perhaps bringing the 62 back isn't as silly an idea, even extended round to Cofton with the new housing going up there
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on May 15, 2017, 06:59:18 PM
Regards the Bristol Road, it does seem the 63s could do with a bit of help so perhaps bringing the 62 back isn't as silly an idea, even extended round to Cofton with the new housing going up there

There used to be an x62 didn't there? Was that then changed to the 98? I remember omnilinks used to operate x62?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: MW on May 15, 2017, 01:42:23 PM
What have they brought on to themselves?

To all the people bitching about these changes, I really don't understand your bitchiness.

As I've said before, NX is a business. They've seen a way to either
a)lower operating costs
b)increase revenue

That's what business is. It's a free market, is it not? If these changes are actually affecting anyone, I'm sure TfWM or whatever they're called these days will begin some sort of subsidised service. And if they don't, then people are moaning for the sake of it.

As for Claribels, you do exactly the same. It's business.

I agree @MW It's a business and @Trident 4194 needs to go to college to attend a business course as he knows nothing about to run a business.

For example @Trident 4194 diamond has axed the 142 because it's not making the money to cover overheads. NX is trying to make it's services more reliable and Birmingham can not cope with the traffic now and the M5 works and if the m6 closes due to accidents it's creates havoc. Travel West Midlands used to run back in the day shorter routes and through the reviews they have combined routes to make routes on which now are becoming unreliable.

For instance the X96 used to be the 293, 296, (can't remember the bus that used to do merry hill to Dudley bit @karl724223 might know) and the 206/7 Did the wrena bit. With the reliability of the X96 being ruined by the traffic levels increasing I could see it being split again to improve reliability with the ever so delayed Dudley review 2015. The return of the 293 and 206/7 and the X96 just running between Stourbridge and Dudley.

So maybe some routes will be changed to combat Birmingham reliability therefore changing a bus swill help in the long run
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 15, 2017, 02:46:27 PM
When the Bristol Road express service was first mentioned I thought they were going to do an X62 then alongside the 61 and 63. Maybe they should've done.

There was an X62, basically a Limited Stop 62 extending beyond Rednal via Leach Green Lane up to Rubery, running alongside the first version (of many) of the X64. One of the issues was that these services used a totally different and not exactly convenient terminus from the 61/63, up at Paradise Circus. So for people travelling to or from the city centre they weren't an alternative to the all stops Bristol Road services - it was either one or the other.

Kevin

Quote from: Mike K on May 15, 2017, 07:25:39 PM
There was an X62, basically a Limited Stop 62 extending beyond Rednal via Leach Green Lane up to Rubery, running alongside the first version (of many) of the X64. One of the issues was that these services used a totally different and not exactly convenient terminus from the 61/63, up at Paradise Circus. So for people travelling to or from the city centre they weren't an alternative to the all stops Bristol Road services - it was either one or the other.

Which is what struck me with the current X61, although at least this time it's only the one stop affected and they still both stop at all the main stops
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on May 15, 2017, 07:25:39 PM

I know there​ was, I don't mean that version. I thought maybe they'd have introduced a limited stop version of the old 62.

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 15, 2017, 07:42:28 PM
I know there​ was, I don't mean that version. I thought maybe they'd have introduced a limited stop version of the old 62.

But that's what it was. They just changed the city terminus and extended it beyond Rednal - but from Holloway Circus to Rednal it was identical to the 62 it replaced, other than it being Limited Stop.

the trainbasher

@Chris it was the 264/5 that covered the Dudley to Merry Hill bit that the X96 swallowed

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on May 15, 2017, 08:09:00 PM
But that's what it was. They just changed the city terminus and extended it beyond Rednal - but from Holloway Circus to Rednal it was identical to the 62 it replaced, other than it being Limited Stop.

I know all that. I wasn't talking about that though. I'm just saying I thought that they may have give it.a different go when they introduced the platinum route on the Bristol Road.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on May 15, 2017, 09:02:04 PM
I know all that. I wasn't talking about that though. I'm just saying I thought that they may have give it.a different go when they introduced the platinum route on the Bristol Road.

Would an express route on the pershore road work?

Steveminor

Quote from: Tony on May 15, 2017, 03:08:35 PM
L

, can't just swap back at will
Could always buy some more buses & reregister

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 15, 2017, 09:24:26 PM
Would an express route on the pershore road work?

The Timesaver 945 didn't, but that was a long time ago. Not sure the Pershore Rd lends itself to an Express service, like many trunk roads into Birmingham it's hard to see where a limited stop route could save much time over all stop services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk