News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesbury to Brierley Hill: work starts next year

Started by Stu, October 04, 2016, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: ellspurs on June 17, 2020, 04:43:47 PM
Castle Street, Dudley is closed for construction, and there's road works going up Tipton Road which may be linked to it (as that seems to have been there for ages as well).
It's down to one lane, so not completely closed.  Going to cause absolute chaos!  It's bad enough with all lanes open!

Roy

Work is due to start today in the Sedgley Road East area.  Three-way lights will be installed as there will be a lane closure to allow an access road to be built.  Later this summer, Sedgley Road West will be closed for about 4 weeks to allow the railway bridge to be removed.  A new bridge will be installed later on.

ellspurs

Quote from: Roy on June 22, 2020, 05:56:29 PM
Work is due to start today in the Sedgley Road East area.  Three-way lights will be installed as there will be a lane closure to allow an access road to be built.  Later this summer, Sedgley Road West will be closed for about 4 weeks to allow the railway bridge to be removed.  A new bridge will be installed later on.

Is this at the junction of Dudley Port and Sedgley Road East?

Roy

Quote from: ellspurs on June 22, 2020, 06:59:36 PM
Is this at the junction of Dudley Port and Sedgley Road East?

No, it's at the railway bridge near the junction with Mayfair Gardens.  An access road needs to be built up to the railway track.  The bridge needs to be replaced as it is too weak and this will mean a diversion to the 42 bus later this summer.  A number of bridges in the Tipton area will either need strengthening or replacing later on.
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/metro-extension-works-set-to-begin-in-sandwell/

ellspurs

Quote from: Roy on June 22, 2020, 08:30:59 PM
No, it's at the railway bridge near the junction with Mayfair Gardens.  An access road needs to be built up to the railway track.  The bridge needs to be replaced as it is too weak and this will mean a diversion to the 42 bus later this summer.  A number of bridges in the Tipton area will either need strengthening or replacing later on.
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/news/metro-extension-works-set-to-begin-in-sandwell/

Oh good, that's the opposite way on Sedgley Road East to where I need to go. Also good for Diamond as they're depot is along the A487 there.

Roy

A short section of Sedgley Road East in Tipton will close completely to vehicular traffic from Monday 27 July to remove the railway bridge on the Metro route.  This will mean that the 42 bus will need to be diverted from that date.  The work is expected to take up to 6 weeks.  In addition, Trindle Road becomes one way towards King Street from Monday.

karl724223

A lot of activity on the section of track bed by shaw road Scott's green island  looks like they gave some sort of base their

Ginger66

I hope the line gets extended along the disused section between wednesbury to bescot

Busboy105

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 05, 2020, 09:05:34 PM
I hope the line gets extended along the disused section between wednesbury to bescot
Why? I don't really see that section being used much if it was used.

ellspurs

Quote from: Busboy105 on September 05, 2020, 10:53:43 PM

Direct link to the train station? I can see some use from that.

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on September 06, 2020, 09:04:57 AM

Certainly if you use the Chase Line from Cannock & Walsall, but would there be much impact on the 11 / 11a between Walsall & Dudley/Merry Hill?

mikestone

Photos in the Branch Line News show what appears to be heavy rail infrastructure being installed on the section the tram will not be using.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on September 06, 2020, 09:04:57 AM
Quote from: Busboy105 on September 05, 2020, 10:53:43 PM

The Wednesbury to Brierley Hill line will connect with the rail network at Dudley Port if I'm not mistaken.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Photos on Facebook show new ballast and track being laid on the section that runs level with the Dudley bypass / shaw road

Roy

Work is due to start on 12 October to demolish the bridge in Coneygree Road, Tipton.  The work is expected to take about 6 weeks.  Like the bridge in Sedgley Road West, it will be rebuilt later on during the project. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk