News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva X31

Started by Tomjusttom, April 05, 2012, 10:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

I think follow the line of the 1, as the x51 is a bit slow going round chezzo n wyrley/landywood plus most from there would train it due to the proximity of the stn. Where as like ive pointed out before as well, following the 1 route would be attractive to existing passengers along it cos they wouldn't have to get to stn plus itd give a direct link btwn bloxwich leamore to brum. Theyd need to upgrade the buses abit though.

Westy

Quote from: bob on December 15, 2013, 10:26:37 AM
I think follow the line of the 1, as the x51 is a bit slow going round chezzo n wyrley/landywood plus most from there would train it due to the proximity of the stn. Where as like ive pointed out before as well, following the 1 route would be attractive to existing passengers along it cos they wouldn't have to get to stn plus itd give a direct link btwn bloxwich leamore to brum. Theyd need to upgrade the buses abit though.

Wednesfield's deckers would be a good thing for that sort of route.

Bob

Wednesfields deckers would be converted to open toppers if they followed the 1 route lol

Bob

Course its all pie in the sky we all know arriva will NEVER do cannock to brum again after the disaster the X31 was and how badly done it was! Lol

Westy

Quote from: bob on December 15, 2013, 12:57:20 PM
Wednesfields deckers would be converted to open toppers if they followed the 1 route lol

Ok, via North Street in Bridgtown then, like in Pte days!

Bob

Lol up until recently one of the stops on the A5 still had a blue wumpty timetable case ...

Westy

Quote from: bob on December 15, 2013, 10:52:28 PM
Lol up until recently one of the stops on the A5 still had a blue wumpty timetable case ...

Sounds like a good idea for a thread.

Spotting old Pte/Midland Red things that have been forgotten about.

There was a Wmt bus stop in Wilkes Avenue, Bentley.

Dunno if it's still there now though.

Bob

There was an old West Midlands (pte) sign on a stop by longford island not long ago near the shell petrol station.  I didnt know any WM routes ever went that way

Westy

Quote from: bob on December 21, 2013, 09:31:51 AM
There was an old West Midlands (pte) sign on a stop by longford island not long ago near the shell petrol station.  I didnt know any WM routes ever went that way

Unless there was a long forgotten works service from the 70's, the only thing I could think of was didn't Wmt run some journeys on the 870 years ago.

When were 'West Midlands Travel' branded stickers first introduced?

Bob

1986. The 870 didnt go that way though it was the 872. Theres still numerous hideous olive green bus shelters from the 70s and 80s all over cannock district.  The same as they had in cannock bus station til 2000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk