News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva service changes Oct 2016

Started by winston, September 05, 2016, 11:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0000478/290 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Walsall Bus Station and Wolverhampton given service number 19 effective from 23-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.

PD0000478/389 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sedgley, Dudley Street and Bilston Bus Station given service number 224 effective from 23-Oct-2016.

PD0000478/392 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH
    Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Wolverhampton Bus Station and Wednesfield, High Street given service number 50 effective from 23-Oct-2016.

Busman Jamie

Isn't the 19 what they tried before that replaced the 560?

Kevin

Find it strange that only the 224 is cancelled and going to Diamond, thought all the Sedgley routes interworked I'm Bilston

Quote from: Busman Jamie on September 05, 2016, 02:09:31 PM
Isn't the 19 what they tried before that replaced the 560?

The bit beyond Bloxwich to wolves, yes. But I guess the registration hasn't been updated since they stopped that.
Walsall - Bloxwich is a long standing route
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

The 19, was a huge failure like any other commercial route they ever tried.....funny how chase ran the 560 for years and nx manage the 89 etc....

Westy

Quote from: Bob on September 07, 2016, 06:26:25 PM
The 19, was a huge failure like any other commercial route they ever tried.....funny how chase ran the 560 for years and nx manage the 89 etc....

They didnt seem to like serving Bentley either.

They introduced the route themselves then the old Midland took over when they withdrew the route.

They came back on again when they inherited the route after the Midland takeover then gave up, to let Sandwell Travel take over.

So how can Sandwell & NX make enough money on the route, yet Arriva cant?

(And they would be closer to the route than Sandwell Travel!)

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on September 07, 2016, 01:07:05 PM
Find it strange that only the 224 is cancelled and going to Diamond, thought all the Sedgley routes interworked I'm Bilston

The bit beyond Bloxwich to wolves, yes. But I guess the registration hasn't been updated since they stopped that.
Walsall - Bloxwich is a long standing route

Ironically the 19 replaced the TWM 319A which replaced the 319

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk