News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach September Service Alterations

Started by Adam 404, July 29, 2016, 05:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

PD0000479/5 - MIDLAND RED (SOUTH) LTD T/A STAGECOACH MIDLANDS, MAIN ROAD, FAR COTTON, NORTHAMPTON, NN4 8ES

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Leicester and Coventry given service number 48/X48 effective from 10-Sep-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Ally

The changes are now detailed in full (even more detail on the Stagecoach website)

SERVICE 4

NUNEATON – HORESTON GRANGE

Stagecoach – Revised timetable and route

This service is revised and now serves Tiverton Drive previously on Service 10, timetable altered accordingly. Please contact Stagecoach on 01604 676060 for further details.

SERVICE 7

NUNEATON - WHITESTONE

Stagecoach – Revised timetable

The frequency is reduced from every 30 mins to every hour. Please contact Stagecoach on 01604 676060 for further details.

SERVICE 10

STOCKINGFORD - NUNEATON – HINCKLEY – EARL SHILTON

Stagecoach – Revised timetable and route

This service is revised and no longer serves Tiverton Drive and most journeys terminate at Hinckley. The frequency is increased to every 20 minutes and along with Service 48 provides a 10 minute frequency between Nuneaton and Hinckley. Please contact Stagecoach on 01604 676060 for further details.

SERVICE 41

NUNEATON – CHAPEL END – BIRCHLEY HEATH - ATHERSTONE

There are timing and route changes on schooldays only. Please contact Stagecoach on 01604 676060 for further details.

SERVICE 48

COVENTRY – BEDWORTH – NUNEATON – LEICESTER/ATHERSTONE

There are minor timing changes to some afternoon journeys mostly between Nuneaton and Hinckley. Please contact Stagecoach on 01604 676060 for further details.

The 4 and 7 were as I expected

The 10 changes were mentioned, however I found the more frequently mentioned Leicester extension more probable - it's not the first time they've been secretive with that service though, the management outright called me a liar when I mentioned it to all the drivers about the previous Fosse Park service, even though it was on the VOSA website.

The 48 changes are to a few Leicester and Hinckley journeys, now running shorter routes. the 20:40 from Hinckley to Coventry will most probably be as a result of the 41 changes, as currently (85 duty), you do a 41 to Birchley Heath then run back dead before having a break and then moving on to a 48 to Hinckley, then doing the 20:40 to Coventry and back to Nuneaton before finishing. Still nothing on George Eliot, so that means more misery on the 56 for now until they finally get around to doing it.

The 41 change wasn't quite what I was expecting though, and nobody had even mentioned that service changing, I was expecting it to be the Nursery Hill School - Hartshill run (which then takes up the 731 which was listed as having changes made to it).
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk