News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Southern Railway

Started by JoNi, July 05, 2016, 08:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

Appreciate there has been a lot in media about Southern Railway woes including national news broadcasts.
As a result of temporary timetables they will not be running to Milton Keynes Central.
Link to site with timetables.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwj_trO6id3NAhXFDcAKHSzeA5cQqG8IKDAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.southernrailway.com%2Fyour-journey%2Frevised-timetable&usg=AFQjCNEcLMKK-SyNjHiRPJmiw7khWiimkA

the trainbasher

Routes with no Southern service (shown in blue or purple on the map)

No service between Milton Keynes Central and East Croydon:
Tickets will be accepted on London Midland services between Milton Keynes Central, Watford Junction (and on to London Euston); London Overground services between Watford Junction and Willesden Junction and London Overground services between Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction. London Midland and London Overground services will operate to a normal Monday to Friday timetable. Alternative Southern services will operate between Clapham Junction and East Croydon. Only tickets routed via London will be accepted on the Underground.
No service between Guildford and Leatherhead (this service normally operates during the peak only):
Tickets will be accepted on South West Trains service to and from London Waterloo via Leatherhead which will operate to a normal Monday to Friday timetable. Change at Epsom for alternative Southern services to/from London Bridge.
No service between Sutton and Streatham via Wimbledon (this service normally operates during the peak only):
Tickets will be accepted on Thameslink services to and from London Blackfriars which will operate to a normal Monday to Friday timetable. Change at Streatham for alternative Southern services to London Bridge.
No service between London Bridge and Beckenham Junction:
Please use alternative Southern, Tramlink, London Overground and Southeastern services to complete your journey. Southern tickets will also be accepted on local buses between West Norwood and Tulse Hill and between Crystal Palace, Birkbeck and Beckenham Junction.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Routes with a revised service (Southern services shown in yellow and Gatwick Express services shown in red on the map)

Gatwick Express services:
Services will operate to a revised timetable. The frequency between London Victoria and Gatwick Airport will not be every 15 minutes, with larger gaps between trains at certain times of day. Gatwick Express services between London Victoria and Brighton are also subject to alteration.
Services between Reigate / Tonbridge and Redhill, London Victoria / London Bridge:
These services will operate between Reigate/Tonbridge and Redhill only for much of the day. Peak services will largely continue to operate to and from London.
Services between Redhill and London:
There will be fewer services overall between London and Redhill. There will be no daytime direct services between Redhill and London Victoria. Please change at East Croydon at off-peak times. Peak services are largely unaffected.
Services between Hastings and Ashford International:
A number of services between Hastings and Ashford International will not operate. Buses will operate at certain times of the day.
Services between Brighton and Seaford:
A very limited service through service will operate at peak times only. Alternative Southern services operate between Brighton and Lewes. Replacement buses will also operate between Lewes and Seaford.
Services between Brighton, Hove, Littlehampton, Bognor Regis, Portsmouth Harbour and Southampton Central (Coastway West service):
A revised service will operate. Most direct services between Brighton and Southampton will not run. Other services on this route will operate, but you may have to change trains at Barnham to complete your journey. No trains will call at Nutbourne, Bosham or Fishbourne between 07:35 and 10:15. Buses will service these stations at these times.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk