News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First new livery

Started by John, June 17, 2012, 10:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Are there any vehicles with FMR that are in the new first livery? As most other areas in the country have buses in the new livery, and I have not seen any with First Midland Red in the new livery.

Tony

Quote from: John-s-91 on June 17, 2012, 10:08:35 PM
Are there any vehicles with FMR that are in the new first livery? As most other areas in the country have buses in the new livery, and I have not seen any with First Midland Red in the new livery.

I don't think there is. The only one I know of in the Midlands so far is a Potteries Solo

Gareth

Although it is still early days in the application of the new livery, I seem to recall that FMR was the last  of the First companies to receive both Barbie and Barbie2.

At the time FMR had no buses that conformed to the then standard spec for Barbie livery, and it took a good while before any of the Lance's or Lynx's were applied with fade out Barbie2.

jc

Currently there are NO! Wyvern vehicles in the new livery, however depending where these 'new' deckers for Worcester come from, they may be repainted into the new livery.

Or another theory is that it could be a sign of how First feel about Wyvern ... the Enviros are due for a repaint anytime now, same with some of the older darts, only time will tell.

67636 has recently been patched up with paint, no willow leaf or F on the nearside ...

BU07 LGO

A bit off topic but I love the new first livery! There seems to be loads of Gemini's in yorkshire and Leeds already in the new livery.

Is the new silver livery now abnadoned? I thought it was a Hybrid special at first but Glasgow's Enviro Hybrids and diesels share the same livery?

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 18, 2012, 01:50:23 PM
A bit off topic but I love the new first livery! There seems to be loads of Gemini's in yorkshire and Leeds already in the new livery.

Is the new silver livery now abnadoned? I thought it was a Hybrid special at first but Glasgow's Enviro Hybrids and diesels share the same livery?

Yeah I like it as well. Looks a lot more simple, modern and smart. If only we will see it on FMR vehicles!

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on June 18, 2012, 03:43:22 PM
This is the silver livery that i mentioned:

Standard Enviro

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gbbuspics/6160036036/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gbbuspics/6160377732/in/photostream/

Enviro 400H

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45060815@N07/7186885555/

Gemini Hybrid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57422671@N06/6406972733/

The one on the normal enviro looks too plain, whereas the one on the Gemini looks better.

It might have been a trial with the silver, like 4177's red livery.

jc

i think the glasgow ones were more about route branding rather than hybrid branding ...

D10

Quote from: jc on June 18, 2012, 01:08:47 PM
Currently there are NO! Wyvern vehicles in the new livery, however depending where these 'new' deckers for Worcester come from, they may be repainted into the new livery.

Or another theory is that it could be a sign of how First feel about Wyvern ... the Enviros are due for a repaint anytime now, same with some of the older darts, only time will tell.

67636 has recently been patched up with paint, no willow leaf or F on the nearside ...

Yeah, I think that First feel that Wyvern isn't worth bothering with anymore, and they would gladly get rid of Wyvern if they can sell it. Then they can concentrate on the big cities where they can make their money with the buses in the new livery and local fleet names.

Tony

Quote from: jc on June 18, 2012, 01:08:47 PM

I would think the most likely deckers to arrive will be ex London tridents currently in the 'Games fleet' for the Olympics. If it is these then yes they should arrive in the new livery

MW

Quote from: D10 on June 18, 2012, 09:05:46 PM
Yeah, I think that First feel that Wyvern isn't worth bothering with anymore, and they would gladly get rid of Wyvern if they can sell it. Then they can concentrate on the big cities where they can make their money with the buses in the new livery and local fleet names.

It would be interesting if NX went and bought it. They could use it to expand even more and possibly create National Express Midland Red?!

4177 could be the first transfer!

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 18, 2012, 09:24:23 PM
Quote from: D10 on June 18, 2012, 09:05:46 PM

It would be interesting if NX went and bought it. They could use it to expand even more and possibly create National Express Midland Red?!

4177 could be the first transfer!

That would make things more interesting..... I'd really like to see NX expand its UK bus business, but acquisitions targets are fairly limited in this country. I would have thought that National Express Wyvern would be more appropriate. I wouldn't have thought that NX would face too many MMC issues either, as there is little overlap of services and the Wyvern business already faces heavy competition in Redditch from Red Diamond & Whittles in Kidderminster

matty matt go

Hi i'v read that First are selling up becouse of oil going up here in the U.K. not all of first are going put some are. Some one post it on FB but now i cart find the link to put up. just wondering if any off you heard this? P.S thank you for letting me join your group. matt

Roy

Quote from: matty matt go on June 21, 2012, 08:08:46 PM
Hi i'v read that First are selling up becouse of oil going up here in the U.K. not all of first are going put some are. Some one post it on FB but now i cart find the link to put up. just wondering if any off you heard this? P.S thank you for letting me join your group. matt

The following link may be of interest.
http://www.busandcoach.com/newspage.aspx?id=6763&categoryid=0

However, if you think First in Worcestershire is bad, then go to Cornwall.  The First buses down there are falling apart, and the majority are step-entrance buses cascaded from all parts of the country.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk