News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Layovers

Started by 81stuart, January 16, 2016, 04:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

81stuart

I was wondering (not being from the area but interested in it), how the layovers work at outer terminus.  I understand layovers in Birmingham cental are very short.

From what I can see it's either very short (1 to 3 minutes) or much longer (10 to 15 minutes). Do some routes have long layovers in the evening as well to maintain a consistent frequency?

Thanks

Stuart

Stuart

Stu

It all depends on the route, it's length and frequency. Birmingham City Centre layovers are restricted to a few minutes under the SQPS slots allocation. Generally the outer terminus will have the longer layover. You can work it out from the timetable usually, though on more frequent routes it might be trickier to work out.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Back in the day the 140 service brum to Dudley when operated at west brom garage used to have layovers of nearly 43/44 minutes at Dudley bus station , loved those dutys.
The 127 service from brum to blackheath use to be same as well.
120 service brum to Dudley 23/25 minutes when operated by Hockley/west brom garage
87 were similar to 120s at one point.
On the other hand you get 3 minutes at bearwood on the 82 service not good.

Westy

This wouldnt happen as much now as surely they would interwork with another service?

Dom

Quote from: Westy on January 17, 2016, 12:11:50 PM
This wouldnt happen as much now as surely they would interwork with another service?

It does and doesn't. For example in merry Hill the change from a 141 to a 241 and vice versa normally have15-20 mins if on time. On Sundays the 141 has 32 min Drop back at Merry Hill.

ARBB

Most 9's have a 21 minute dropback at Stourbridge on a Sunday daytime now

37351ml

Going back a bit but I recall The 313e when it ran wednesbury-dudley in the evening had a large drop back at dudley.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk