News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Trent Barton

Started by Alex, September 21, 2015, 06:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

Bit of a long shot here, but does anyone know what route the remaining Excels are usually on?

Also, Trent Barton are due to have their new Tri-Axle Plaxton Elites for the Red Arrow in service in around 6 weeks (this is from Trent Barton's Facebook page), as well as having the B8RLE's for the Two in service on/by the 25th October (A bit optimistic, if i'm honest). The 10 plates displaced off the Red Arrow will be used to upgrade the Club Class from B10M/Panthers and the X38 from Tempo X1200's.

The Black Cat is no longer a branded route, with the branded Tempos having been put on the new Rushcliffe Mainline service, and 312 becoming a red spare at Nottingham.
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Dylanbusboy45

Trent Barton have still got the following Excels in service (according to an updated fleet list I just found)
Derby (Notts+Derby ones):258/259
Ashfield:257/261/263

I have been to Derby a few times before and the Notts and Derby were on the University 5 and 6 services which they are in a livery for. Not sure if they still do them services though. Your best way to find where they are would be to stand at the bus station in Derby or walk to the Derby depot where all the Notts and Derby buses live and the Derby allocated Trent buses.As for the Ashfield ones, I have no idea what routes they do.
Hope this helps @Alex

Alex

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on September 21, 2015, 07:55:15 PM
Trent Barton have still got the following Excels in service (according to an updated fleet list I just found)
Derby (Notts+Derby ones):258/259
Ashfield:257/261/263

I have been to Derby a few times before and the Notts and Derby were on the University 5 and 6 services which they are in a livery for. Not sure if they still do them services though. Your best way to find where they are would be to stand at the bus station in Derby or walk to the Derby depot where all the Notts and Derby buses live and the Derby allocated Trent buses.As for the Ashfield ones, I have no idea what routes they do.
Hope this helps @Alex

Cheers, managed to find 259 the last time I went, so that's one down

I thought that the 141 [Sutton-Mansfield-Hucknall-Nottingham] was supposed to get either Excels or Solars. But I've seen fairly recent photos of Excels on the eighteen, the Centrelink, the Ruddington Connection, and the i4, so I thought they were still allocated to Nottingham. But thanks for the help mate :)
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

Dylanbusboy45

That's alright @Alex . I may visit Derby again once the new Red Arrows are in service. :)

JoNi

James4368

@JoNi

will new Elites be there tomorrow?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

JoNi

Don't know apparently they start Sunday when section between Derby and Chesterfield becomes Comet.

Bob

What are Trent using on the  X 38 atm?

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on October 23, 2015, 08:23:10 PM
What are Trent using on the  X 38 atm?

Was still Tempos when I was in Burton a couple of weeks ago.

Alex

Quote from: Cheese on October 23, 2015, 08:28:59 PM
Was still Tempos when I was in Burton a couple of weeks ago.

Apparently, 307 & 308 (the two X38 branded Tempos) are now Keyworth Connection branded, so I would anticipate that the X38 is now unbranded spares. Seems as if they only debranded them in the last week or two.

Edit:

Yes, they have, as I have a fleetlist dated 16th October saying they are Keyworth Connection branded

Still an X38-branded Tempo today. A mix of Solars and Solos otherwise.

James4368

How many Elites has red arrow got so far?
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

winston

PM

Batch of B8RLE's with Wright bodywork have been ordered as well, they haven't ordered anything from Optare for a while now...

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 25, 2015, 05:05:08 PM
Batch of B8RLE's with Wright bodywork have been ordered as well, they haven't ordered anything from Optare for a while now...

I believe they are either been delivered or ready to be delivered. Saw a photo of one of them on Facebook.

Must admit, i wish NX went for B8RLE's for the 37/71/72 instead of E200MMC's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk