News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Talking to the staff working on the metro extension 4 years to complete the east side

Stevo

The graphics on the barriers put up when work started on the new station show the line continuing to Wednesfield beyond the station, but it's not quite clear if the current line would just continue from the station stop to Wednesfield.

Kevin

Quote from: Stevo on September 10, 2021, 10:10:35 AM
The graphics on the barriers put up when work started on the new station show the line continuing to Wednesfield beyond the station, but it's not quite clear if the current line would just continue from the station stop to Wednesfield.

Wow, there's an idea that I thought was dead ages ago, but hope it gets revived all the way to Walsall
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

DJ

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: DJ on September 16, 2021, 07:53:08 PM
Another collision this morning at the Bilston Street island.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/wolverhampton/2021/09/16/traffic-delayed-after-tram-hits-car-at-busy-wolverhampton-junction/

Teenager arrested suspected of drink-driving.

Can't help much when the road users wilfully ignore the rules of the road. That roundabout is fully signalled, right? I've sat at lights and had people speed past me 5-10 seconds after the light has gone red. Driving down Hagley Road at 1am is great for spotting this in action. More enforcement needs to be done, but everyone moans about enforcement happening -_-.

Stevo

It's annoying the way the headline is written: 'Tram hits car'. It sounds as if it's the tram driver's fault.

DJ

Quote from: Stevo on September 17, 2021, 09:22:00 AM
It's annoying the way the headline is written: 'Tram hits car'. It sounds as if it's the tram driver's fault.

It says 'car and tram crash' on my end. I presume they updated the headline?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Ginger66

was in Brumyesterday looking around and noticed the maccies on dale end is still open I thought the shops on dale end would have been closed down in the building that is going be knocked down to make way for the trams to go through.

Solo1

Quote from: Ginger66 on October 22, 2021, 08:25:25 AM
was in Brumyesterday looking around and noticed the maccies on dale end is still open I thought the shops on dale end would have been closed down in the building that is going be knocked down to make way for the trams to go through.
they haven't even made a start on bull st only a bit at the top

Jack D

When is corporation street set to re open after tram works?

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on October 22, 2021, 08:25:25 AM

The building is scheduled to be removed at some point - I can't remember by when though - but it may not be for another couple of years. To be fair, the existing businesses have to be given some period of notice, they can't be expected to just close down and/or relocate in the space of a few weeks or couple of months.

Quote from: Solo1 on October 22, 2021, 11:45:59 AM
they haven't even made a start on bull st only a bit at the top

Last time I went past there a few weeks ago, most of Lower Bull Street looked 'dug up', obviously the priority was to get the delta junction in place first, so that services could resume along Corporation St.

Quote from: Jack D on October 22, 2021, 06:49:14 PM
When is corporation street set to re open after tram works?

Last I heard was that trams were expected to resume service to the Library by the end of this month, and operating to Hagley Road by December.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 22, 2021, 07:21:10 PM
The building is scheduled to be removed at some point - I can't remember by when though - but it may not be for another couple of years. To be fair, the existing businesses have to be given some period of notice, they can't be expected to just close down and/or relocate in the space of a few weeks or couple of months.

Last time I went past there a few weeks ago, most of Lower Bull Street looked 'dug up', obviously the priority was to get the delta junction in place first, so that services could resume along Corporation St.

Last I heard was that trams were expected to resume service to the Library by the end of this month, and operating to Hagley Road by December.

I walked down Corporation Street today and they were doing the final touches, including painting the road markings, so nearly ready

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 22, 2021, 07:35:35 PM
I walked down Corporation Street today and they were doing the final touches, including painting the road markings, so nearly ready

I walked down Broad Street last Saturday, that also looks pretty much finished, certainly ready for test tram runs at least.
https://wmbu.org.uk/2021/10/opinion-new-look-broad-street-doesnt-look-too-bus-friendly/

I'm just not convinced that buses and trams, as well as other traffic, are going to fit together that well along that stretch of route.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack D

Seemed to be clearing up this evening, can we see a potential team being back by the weekend??

Ginger66

Quote from: Stu on October 22, 2021, 08:14:38 PM
I walked down Broad Street last Saturday, that also looks pretty much finished, certainly ready for test tram runs at least.
https://wmbu.org.uk/2021/10/opinion-new-look-broad-street-doesnt-look-too-bus-friendly/

I'm just not convinced that buses and trams, as well as other traffic, are going to fit together that well along that stretch of route.

Broad St might be a bus/tram gate this will be like pipers row in Wolverhampton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk