News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

I don't know if the line is accessible but it went to the Low Level station at Wolverhampton which is now a wedding venue. Trains couldn't run on the tramway - too heavy and probably too high and wide. LNR runs a decent service from Liverpool to Birmingham and Euston anyway.

karl724223

More land drilling ground investigation work being done at merry hill along the embankment by the canal

DJ

Tram 31 has been involved in an RTC this morning in Wolverhampton, at the Wishbone Island. It doesn't look too serious, however it'll be off the rails for the time being I presume.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2019/08/19/car-crashes-into-midland-metro-tram-and-overturns-in-wolverhampton/

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 19, 2019, 10:06:44 AM
Tram 31 has been involved in an RTC this morning in Wolverhampton, at the Wishbone Island. It doesn't look too serious, however it'll be off the rails for the time being I presume.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2019/08/19/car-crashes-into-midland-metro-tram-and-overturns-in-wolverhampton/

A tram derailing is pretty seriou

Stu

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 19, 2019, 10:06:44 AM

Quote from: Tony on August 19, 2019, 02:03:42 PM
A tram derailing is pretty seriou

It's not clear from the article exactly what happened (apart from a car hitting a tram obviously). It would appear to my untrained eye that the only part of that island where a tram and a car could have come into contact is where the tracks cross the road. As the junctions are clearly signal controlled, either the tram went through a red light, or the driver of the car went through a red light. And to cause that much damage, the car must have been doing some speed, as I don't think the trams shift that quickly through there.

I would find it highly unlikely that the tram driver would risk their job and the safety of their passengers by running a red light, so I can only assume that the car driver was jumping the red light at speed.

As I've said myself on many occasions, it only takes one idiot to make hundreds, maybe thousands, of other motorists and commuters lives a misery.

I hope the lady driver makes a full recovery and learns a valuable life lesson from this: you can rush all you like to get to your destination, but if you drive recklessly or speed then you might not make it there next time.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Do these trams have the equivalent of a black box on them?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Busboy105

Can you use NX bus tickets on the Metro? Because I went to Wolverhampton with my family a long time ago and the ticket inspector allowed our family day saver that we got of an NX bus.

DJ

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 24, 2019, 07:31:14 AM
Can you use NX bus tickets on the Metro? Because I went to Wolverhampton with my family a long time ago and the ticket inspector allowed our family day saver that we got of an NX bus.

No, you need a ticket that covers both. There was a chap that got kicked off the tram I was on yesterday, as he tried to use a Sandwell & Dudley daysaver to get to Wolverhampton, which is neither valid on the tram nor in Wolverhampton.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Michael Bevan

Tram 28 has now been named after Jasper Carrott.

Busboy105

Quote from: Michael Bevan on November 13, 2019, 12:28:46 PM
Tram 28 has now been named after Jasper Carrott.
He's from Birmingham? I didn't know that.

Busboy105

The tests for the Centenary Square extension has started. Does anyone know when in December the extension is ready for passengers? I want to go up there and take some pictures.

Solo1

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 29, 2019, 07:36:09 AM
The tests for the Centenary Square extension has started. Does anyone know when in December the extension is ready for passengers? I want to go up there and take some pictures.
8 Dec I read

danny

Has any work started on the dudley section yet beens as 21 new trams have been ordered. Havant herd or seen anything lately,

Also, I know its abit early but are the new trams the same design as the old ones
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Busboy105

Quote from: Solo1 on November 29, 2019, 09:19:13 AM
8 Dec I read
Where did you read this from?  Because all the articles I've read just say December. Plus you never know they might postpone it a few months like last time  :D

Gareth

There's notices on the tram stops in the city centre with the date on it. Revised timetable and revised fares too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk