News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

I think they get a base paint coat then a vinyl on top

Trans Pennines class 185
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Some have gained the West Midlands Metro logo now
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

uniquicity

Quote from: CL on July 16, 2018, 03:38:24 PM
Some have gained the West Midlands Metro logo now

And tram 31 is out in the new livery

Solo1

Photo of tram 31 in new livery in photo links

Tony

V89MOA

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2018, 02:14:53 PM
Why are you speechless?
I'm just astounded at the amount of taxpayer money being thrown at this loss maker. Three and Four year old trams currently that are having a lot of money spent on batteries, refurbishment and rebranding all to be completely replaced over the coming years, if that article is worded correctly (maybe they meant to put stock solely for the extensions, rather than ML1)? When you look at other tram networks across the UK and the world they tend to get at least 20 years service out of their fleet, if not more.
I wonder how much champagne the NX board of directors & shareholders got through when tfwm announced they were taking this loss maker back!

Tony

Quote from: V89MOA on August 02, 2018, 04:18:30 PM
I'm just astounded at the amount of taxpayer money being thrown at this loss maker. Three and Four year old trams currently that are having a lot of money spent on batteries, refurbishment and rebranding all to be completely replaced over the coming years, if that article is worded correctly (maybe they meant to put stock solely for the extensions, rather than ML1)? When you look at other tram networks across the UK and the world they tend to get at least 20 years service out of their fleet, if not more.
I wonder how much champagne the NX board of directors & shareholders got through when tfwm announced they were taking this loss maker back!

Nothing says they are going to be replaced. They are just looking at ordering new ones for the extensions

V89MOA

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2018, 05:37:16 PM
Nothing says they are going to be replaced. They are just looking at ordering new ones for the extensions
Just a poorly written article then "The WMCA has begun the process of procuring a third generation of trams for the Midland Metro line, including future extensions." implies the existing line would be getting them too! I'll hold my hands up, I got that one wrong.

Roy

Given that the plan is for through trams from Brierley Hill to Birmingham and to Wolverhampton then the all trams, including any new ones, will be used on the current line plus the extension to Brierley Hill.

Dom

Having been at the metro depot today. I've been told that the fleet is to triple in size when all the extensions are complete. The current CAF trams are all being fitted with batteries and this process is now being done in house. Each team is taking about 4 weeks.

Why would you think that WMM would replace 3 year old trams? Surely no matter how poorly an article is wored common sense would prevail that no company in their right mind would replace nearly new trams that are having further modifications.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on August 02, 2018, 06:56:03 PM
Why would you think that WMM would replace 3 year old trams? Surely no matter how poorly an article is wored common sense would prevail that no company in their right mind would replace nearly new trams that are having further modifications.
Because it's tfwm...

Dom

Quote from: V89MOA on August 02, 2018, 06:58:03 PM
Because it's tfwm...

No, it's West Midlands Metro. Yes, oprayed by TfWM but still have the same staff from when it was with NX. Simply a change of brand.

V89MOA

Quote from: Dom on August 02, 2018, 07:08:19 PM
No, it's West Midlands Metro. Yes, oprayed by TfWM but still have the same staff from when it was with NX. Simply a change of brand. It's just simply you trying pick fault with TfWM again.
Not exactly difficult is it Dom 😂😂

Jack

The CAF trams are rubbish anyway, the seats are like rocks and there's barely enough. I as many people would rather have the T69's back!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk