News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley86

Strange how taxis are parking up on a tramway.  There is no taxi rank on St Stephenson Street. so why are  taxi cabs parking up. 

Stu

Quote from: wembley86 on December 15, 2015, 07:24:23 PM
Strange how taxis are parking up on a tramway.  There is no taxi rank on St Stephenson Street. so why are  taxi cabs parking up.

There are no trams yet on Stephenson Street either, so the taxis won't be able to park there for long I reckon. ;)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stevo

The taxis are queuing to get into New Street station off Navigation Street. If they need to use Stephenson Street after the trams start running I suppose they'll have to wait in Pinfold Street till the queue into Navigation Street moves forward.

Stuharris 6360

Just been on my first trip to Bull Street, what I can't understand is where is the Snow Hill stop going to be, couldn't see any evidence of it?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

uniquicity

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 17, 2015, 02:23:37 PM
Just been on my first trip to Bull Street, what I can't understand is where is the Snow Hill stop going to be, couldn't see any evidence of it?

There is evidence, you just haven't looked hard enough

Stevo

You can be forgiven for missing it. It's a long way from the station, over Great Charles Street Queensway. They were erecting the inbound shelter yesterday. Bull St is as near to the station entrance as Snow Hill will be.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stevo on December 17, 2015, 09:37:38 PM
You can be forgiven for missing it. It's a long way from the station, over Great Charles Street Queensway. They were erecting the inbound shelter yesterday. Bull St is as near to the station entrance as Snow Hill will be.

Ah right, I did see people working there but I assumed that they were doing work to reinstate platform 4 for Network Rail.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

uniquicity

Tram 34 is now out in service

wembley86

windy miller

yes I did the same route on Saturday thro to wolves there didn't appear to be any work in progress for a snow hill stop. Is there a completion date?  trams 36 and 32 were clearly visible at wednesbury with at least another two in the yard area (UID).., presumably trams 17 and 37 are housed under cover in the depot ??? :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Kevin

Quote from: windy miller on January 12, 2016, 03:14:59 AM
yes I did the same route on Saturday thro to wolves there didn't appear to be any work in progress for a snow hill stop. Is there a completion date?

Equally... Is there a date on the new street extension being completed? Only info I can find atm is just that work resumes early this year, which it has
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stevo

There is progress on the Snow Hill stop, with platform edges and other work. It's on the bridge over the Inner Ring Road. They seemed to be concentrating on the Corporation St and Stephenson St stops last week.

wembley86

Quote from: Stevo on January 12, 2016, 09:43:46 AM
There is progress on the Snow Hill stop, with platform edges and other work. It's on the bridge over the Inner Ring Road. They seemed to be concentrating on the Corporation St and Stephenson St stops last week.

They seem to be way behind, no evidence of stairs/lifts for the new enterance at st chads(Snow Hill)

windy miller

...so how far is the bridge platform at snow hill from the one at st Pauls? 50yds?.... :-\
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Bryan

Inside Out on BBC1 is showing a short feature on Monday 18 January @ 19:30 about Birmingham's trams from the past and the present day if anyone is interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-35315282

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk